This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming is closing gaps with consoles

#41bobsmith915Posted 9/23/2013 12:27:52 AM
I'm pretty sure it's true. The Gap in the mall near my house is closing soon and the manager told me it was because PC gamers were using consoles as weapons to bash customers over the head. People became afraid and stopped shopping there so the store has no business. At least that's what I think the manager said to me before I got knocked unconscious and woke up in the American Eagle store
---
You are unique... just like everybody else.
#42hitokiri13Posted 9/23/2013 12:28:56 AM
Piracy on PC only. lol Your kidding me right? My cousin brought Wii and use Zelda exploit that would allow hack software to play pirated Wii games from 32GB USB stick. Easy as downloading a crack but consoles is cheaper.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#43Flaktrooper123Posted 9/23/2013 12:56:55 AM
Definitely not PC only. Console piracy is just a tad harder, but far from impossible. My cousin who play X360 said he can easily find pirated games, and while PS3 is harder to pirate, pirated PS3 games exists.
#44king_maddenPosted 9/23/2013 5:26:47 AM
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Definitely not PC only. Console piracy is just a tad harder, but far from impossible. My cousin who play X360 said he can easily find pirated games, and while PS3 is harder to pirate, pirated PS3 games exists.

Yea they Def. Exist, they just aren't as plentiful and gamer friendly as pc pirated games, pretty much every game is available before launch or launch day. Also can play online with less of the ban hammer threat
#45uncle_DescartesPosted 9/23/2013 6:39:47 AM
Flaktrooper123 posted...

Fact is, the person who knows enough to put together a gaming PC is far more likely to know how to pirate, compared to your average casual console user.

Then again, the average console gamer won't be buying your game anyway because it's not the next CoD/Madden.
#46ThePCElitistPosted 9/23/2013 7:22:21 AM(edited)
uncle_Descartes posted...
Flaktrooper123 posted...

Fact is, the person who knows enough to put together a gaming PC is far more likely to know how to pirate, compared to your average casual console user.

Then again, the average console gamer won't be buying your game anyway because it's not the next CoD/Madden.

Good way to steal someone else's quote. You've lost any valid points in this argument.

See Cliff Balinski
---
#47SinisterSlayPosted 9/23/2013 7:25:47 AM
What gap?

I don't recall consoles getting anywhere near PC's as far as exclusives go.
PC has more exclusives than every console game ever made, for every console for the last 50 years.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#48darkdragon_9600Posted 9/23/2013 7:47:37 AM
I've been a pirate for my whole life.

SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, X360, PS3.

My PC is what made me move away from that life.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#49Darkcloud20Posted 9/23/2013 8:41:53 AM
arleas posted...
You seem to be forgetting

I'm not forgetting...I don't care about it. The developers care about it though and that's why they were trying so hard to prevent used copies from being just as good as new (online passes and whatever). It seems video games are the only area where this is an issue though since I know they've sold used books and used movies for years.

If that right is worth anything, then it is (or ought to be) factored into the price of the new copy.

Ok, so then maybe that's why they stay high priced for so long...

Its not a problem to them because they can't do much against it. The other medias try to go in the digital distribution direction because this will stop used sales. I mean you can't prevent people from selling a book and you can't prevent people from selling a movie without including DRM in the players which they fear will kill the acceptance so they both try to get people into buying dd.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#50Enigma149Posted 9/23/2013 2:08:57 PM
Lonestar2000 posted...
The last thing the PC needs is more terrible JRPGs.

Yes - more games would ruin PC gaming.

*sigh*

Sometimes, I don't even know what people are thinking...
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma