This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming is closing gaps with consoles

#61king_maddenPosted 9/23/2013 10:20:37 PM
synthetiksin posted...
Because you totally can pirate games with steam, amirite?

Personally, I love the idea. I have a ****ton of games on my steam list, now it's like having a crossbuy option for both PC and console WITHOUT having to restart my list.

king_madden posted...
they feel "well just compare this one game to this one game and its a clear winner. but everyone knows its not about just one game, choosing a platform is taking a bunch of factors into account.

i wont rock your pedestal though, you built it, you sit on it for as long as you want, go ahead, sit on it.

Quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've read all week.

i call BS, im sure you've proof read one of your posts at least once in the last week.
#62DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/23/2013 11:18:08 PM
king_madden posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
king_madden posted...
@The cranky hermit

again its not just about the game itself, there are many factors when choosing a platform.

most people dont care about 60fps, or a game that might look slightly better on something else, before this gen I never even heard of fps talked about when getting games.

like personally my pc has to be at a desk for my RTS games, so because some other multiplatform games might play or look better is of no concern to me because im not going to want to play them at the desk most of the time. or multiplayer games, I could careless if they look or play better on pc, if my friends cant come play it with me or I cant take it to one of their houses and play.

its not worth it, the cons outweigh the pros of pc gaming for me.

Hook up a SFF PC in your livingroom?

whats that?

Small Form Factor.
Seriously?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#63king_maddenPosted 9/23/2013 11:31:18 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
king_madden posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
king_madden posted...
@The cranky hermit

again its not just about the game itself, there are many factors when choosing a platform.

most people dont care about 60fps, or a game that might look slightly better on something else, before this gen I never even heard of fps talked about when getting games.

like personally my pc has to be at a desk for my RTS games, so because some other multiplatform games might play or look better is of no concern to me because im not going to want to play them at the desk most of the time. or multiplayer games, I could careless if they look or play better on pc, if my friends cant come play it with me or I cant take it to one of their houses and play.

whats that?

Small Form Factor.
Seriously?

yep seriously, never heard the term, but i dont pay attention to much pc related other than googling what the new RTS or point and click game is, I still dont see how that solves my problem though.
#64synthetiksinPosted 9/23/2013 11:54:55 PM
king_madden posted...
i call BS, im sure you've proof read one of your posts at least once in the last week.

That's your comeback?

Trolls aren't even trying anymore.
#65king_maddenPosted 9/24/2013 12:00:48 AM
synthetiksin posted...
king_madden posted...

That's your comeback?

Trolls aren't even trying anymore.

lol what did i troll?

ironic that you say im not "trying" anymore while you respond with that default post.

what am i trying exactly though? was i trolling when I said not everyone cares just about how a game looks? or was i trolling when i said im a pc gamer but it wouldnt be my main system?

which one of those is the troll comment?
#66DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/24/2013 12:26:58 AM
king_madden posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
king_madden posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
king_madden posted...
@The cranky hermit

whats that?

Small Form Factor.
Seriously?

yep seriously, never heard the term, but i dont pay attention to much pc related other than googling what the new RTS or point and click game is, I still dont see how that solves my problem though.

Your problem is you don't want to play non-RTS at your desk.
Your solution is to play non-RTS games somewhere other than your desk.
---
Want that Shield!
#67king_maddenPosted 9/24/2013 12:35:00 AM
RTS along with point and click are pretty much the only pc games I play, so while yes I could move the pc to another room, when I want to play RTS games I would need to be back at a desk or move a table of some sort into the room. each time I would want to play. as well as pulling back out the keyboard and mouse, living room entertainment center has enough crap on it.

I have no problem playing other games here, its just the genres I prefer would require the setup the way it is now. with pc and ps3 in the bedroom while playing one I usually watch something on the other. im not complaining though, just preference.
#68DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/24/2013 12:42:21 AM
Or, you could hook up a SFF PC in your livingroom.
---
Want that Shield!
#69king_maddenPosted 9/24/2013 12:46:07 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Or, you could hook up a SFF PC in your livingroom.

i dont think you're understanding me lol
#70DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/24/2013 12:49:58 AM
king_madden posted...
i dont think you're understanding me lol

I don't think you are understanding him... He's saying you can have 2 pc's. One for couch gaming and one for desk gaming/work. If you don't want to do that then you can still build a SFF pc and move it about very easily.

You own a console or several. You paid for that. Instead you could have put that towards a reasonable gaming pc in a small form factor.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1