This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming is closing gaps with consoles

#71Majoras_pantsPosted 9/24/2013 1:57:24 AM
king_madden posted...
@The cranky hermit

again its not just about the game itself, there are many factors when choosing a platform.

most people dont care about 60fps, or a game that might look slightly better on something else, before this gen I never even heard of fps talked about when getting games.

like personally my pc has to be at a desk for my RTS games, so because some other multiplatform games might play or look better is of no concern to me because im not going to want to play them at the desk most of the time. or multiplayer games, I could careless if they look or play better on pc, if my friends cant come play it with me or I cant take it to one of their houses and play.

its not worth it, the cons outweigh the pros of pc gaming for me.

You know you can play PC games on your TV with controllers right?
#72king_maddenPosted 9/24/2013 1:58:47 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
king_madden posted...
i dont think you're understanding me lol

I don't think you are understanding him... He's saying you can have 2 pc's. One for couch gaming and one for desk gaming/work. If you don't want to do that then you can still build a SFF pc and move it about very easily.

You own a console or several. You paid for that. Instead you could have put that towards a reasonable gaming pc in a small form factor.

well i am aware what I couldve done, im saying at this point, it wouldnt be a worthwhile investment. especially with me mainly playing only RTS and point and click, it would be foolish to invest in another capable pc just to throw it in the living room (which is mainly used for group events, so would be an even worst choice for a pc in there). especially since as i mentioned before my preference is for 2 screens in one room, the bedroom has this, the living room does not.

I would just explaining one of the numerous reasons why pc gaming couldnt be my main, i am aware of what people view as benefits for it, and how I could move things to game in certain areas, its just my console pros outweigh the pc pros, no big deal.
#73josh_bPosted 9/24/2013 3:01:51 AM
Piracy is a problem on both consoles and pc's and even if alot of gamers wait till the games are cheaper on pc at least the developers are getting some of the money. unlike console gamers that run out and buy used games from gamestop or ebay etc and the developers never get a penny of the money.

Used games is the biggest problem with the industry and reason why so many developers have had to cut back their staff and budgets which means weaker games coming to us all.

Another reason most pc games are cheaper is because all most all games are downloaded. there is no physical copy to account for which means less overhead for the developer to shell out when it's not guaranteed that all copies will sell.

The comeback of pc gaming here in recent years is a great boon to the industry with kickstarters and crowd funded games that is past years would have never seen the light of day.

No matter how people twist it. Consoles are the reason for most of the problems in the industry.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#74DarkSaber2kPosted 9/26/2013 3:31:45 PM
IloveslimesOMG posted...
Now that next gen consoles are mid-range PC with X86 architecture there's absolutely nothing behind exclusives that makes them better... If PCs had more fighting games and Jrpgs games I wouldn't even think of touching a console ... :(

If by "close the gap" you mean Valve are trying to move PC gaming BACKWARDS then yes, I agree.
#75OrgeLambartPosted 9/26/2013 3:53:54 PM
knightimex posted...
If I was a dev, PC would be the last place I'd port to.

With mass piracy, and everyone ignoring a game until it's $5, PC doesn't exactly excite me.

yep, which is why developers have been treating PC gamers like red headed step children. Outside of the games which absolutely wouldn't work or would be poorly received on a console.

Most of your AAA quality games launch for both or just consoles, it's the way things are. Ease of piracy and PC gamers refusal to pay anything above 10 dollars for their games is the main culprit. I'm a console gamer, kind of wish I had focused more on PC gaming, now trying to get into using a mouse and keyboard is tough.

I don't play most games that don't have controller support.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#76Reaper_MinionPosted 9/26/2013 4:05:35 PM
knightimex posted...
If I was a dev, PC would be the last place I'd port to.

With mass piracy, and everyone ignoring a game until it's $5, PC doesn't exactly excite me.

As if console gamers don't pirate or wait for prices to go down...

Seriously, wtf kind of argument is this.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#77DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/26/2013 4:24:02 PM
king_madden posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
king_madden posted...
i dont think you're understanding me lol

I don't think you are understanding him... He's saying you can have 2 pc's. One for couch gaming and one for desk gaming/work. If you don't want to do that then you can still build a SFF pc and move it about very easily.

You own a console or several. You paid for that. Instead you could have put that towards a reasonable gaming pc in a small form factor.

well i am aware what I couldve done, im saying at this point, it wouldnt be a worthwhile investment. especially with me mainly playing only RTS and point and click, it would be foolish to invest in another capable pc just to throw it in the living room (which is mainly used for group events, so would be an even worst choice for a pc in there). especially since as i mentioned before my preference is for 2 screens in one room, the bedroom has this, the living room does not.

I would just explaining one of the numerous reasons why pc gaming couldnt be my main, i am aware of what people view as benefits for it, and how I could move things to game in certain areas, its just my console pros outweigh the pc pros, no big deal.

Except that PC has better local multiplayer support than modern consoles, and everything else mentioned is a pointless roundabout excuse, much like "I don't use controller on PC, so PC sucks because I want to use a controller"
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#78The cranky hermitPosted 9/27/2013 10:04:50 PM
well i am aware what I couldve done, im saying at this point, it wouldnt be a worthwhile investment.

What you mean is that you already own consoles, and that's a sunk cost, and that for YOU, getting a PC NOW wouldn't be a worthwhile investment.

Your argument here isn't that your main platform is consoles because they better serve your gaming needs. Your argument here is that your main platform is consoles because you already bought them.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!