This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just found out my ISP (Clear) got bought out by Sprint.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I just found out my ISP (Clear) got bought out by Sprint.
3 years ago#1
Clear Offered really good competitive 4G Home Internet service in my area (I get better than DSL, 12/1 for $50/mo.) and I actually got a Combo Router/Modem very much like what Verizon would offer.

Problem? Clear got bought out by Sprint. Sprint only offers small scale Mobile Hotspots. I was really ****ing lucky to get the Modem/Router that I got back in April. Better? My service isn't changing. I may even get faster internet in the future. Who knows?

Problem is that if 4G goes to the wayside and I want to upgrade, I might end up upgrading to an inferior product. Only good ISP in my area is Comcast and **** that.
`1337_FF_GoD` - Popularity =/= Quality.
I just want to find my Misaki.
3 years ago#2
Why do you hate Comcast?
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
3 years ago#3
TheBlueDeath posted...
Why do you hate Comcast?

I have comcast and losing internet in the wee hours of the night multiple times is pretty common, also they are pretty expensive in my area.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
3 years ago#4
TC, you've seen in my other topic that I'm a Clear customer too. What modem do you have? I have the series M: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31OS1Gvkh3L._SY300_.jpg

I can't look at Clear's plans anymore now since they got acquired.

My other options are Comcast, AT&T, maybe RCN but I gotta check because they are picky in my area.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
3 years ago#5
As others have said. It really is a matter of where you live. I have always loved Comcast, but others obviously don't, so the service probably varies widely by what area you live in.

I would literally kill to get Comcast put back in my neighborhood as opposed to the garbage ISP they were replaced by.
3 years ago#6
My RT-N56U has a feature that allows me to plug in a USB internet dongle to it and utilize its connection over a local network.

If you ever have to swap devices and only have a choice for dongles, there are mobile broadband-compatible routers out there.
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I just found out my ISP (Clear) got bought out by Sprint.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived