This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just found out my ISP (Clear) got bought out by Sprint.

#1JudgmenlPosted 9/22/2013 6:10:15 PM
Clear Offered really good competitive 4G Home Internet service in my area (I get better than DSL, 12/1 for $50/mo.) and I actually got a Combo Router/Modem very much like what Verizon would offer.

Problem? Clear got bought out by Sprint. Sprint only offers small scale Mobile Hotspots. I was really ****ing lucky to get the Modem/Router that I got back in April. Better? My service isn't changing. I may even get faster internet in the future. Who knows?

Problem is that if 4G goes to the wayside and I want to upgrade, I might end up upgrading to an inferior product. Only good ISP in my area is Comcast and **** that.
---
`1337_FF_GoD` - Popularity =/= Quality.
I just want to find my Misaki.
#2TheBlueDeathPosted 9/22/2013 9:42:59 PM
Why do you hate Comcast?
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 9/22/2013 9:45:00 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
Why do you hate Comcast?

I have comcast and losing internet in the wee hours of the night multiple times is pretty common, also they are pretty expensive in my area.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4CC RicersPosted 9/22/2013 9:57:23 PM
TC, you've seen in my other topic that I'm a Clear customer too. What modem do you have? I have the series M: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31OS1Gvkh3L._SY300_.jpg

I can't look at Clear's plans anymore now since they got acquired.

My other options are Comcast, AT&T, maybe RCN but I gotta check because they are picky in my area.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#5Gojak_v3Posted 9/22/2013 10:02:41 PM(edited)
As others have said. It really is a matter of where you live. I have always loved Comcast, but others obviously don't, so the service probably varies widely by what area you live in.

I would literally kill to get Comcast put back in my neighborhood as opposed to the garbage ISP they were replaced by.
#6ein311Posted 9/22/2013 10:01:19 PM
My RT-N56U has a feature that allows me to plug in a USB internet dongle to it and utilize its connection over a local network.

If you ever have to swap devices and only have a choice for dongles, there are mobile broadband-compatible routers out there.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations