This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your favorite RPG and why?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your favorite RPG and why?

User Info: Psalm51

3 years ago#161
Sadly, I never completed my attempted play through of BG 1 + TotSC, but the blending of great music and game play was near perfect. Wasn't BG 1 + TotSC going to be released for Android? Overhaul Games got it working on IOS, but their promise to port it to Android hasn't been realized yet...
King David, my hero.

User Info: TimDD

3 years ago#162
Ultima VII: Part 2 - The Serpent Isle

That game spurred my imagination with the depth and storytelling and wide open sandboxed world.

User Info: MrIsaac01

3 years ago#163
sirtonne posted...
Probably still FF6. It wasn't my first RPG, or even my first FF, but it was the first RPG I really loved and played to death. I still remember paying $90 for it on SNES back in the day because it was so hard to find and in demand where I lived.

I loved the all the characters, the mad Kefka and the subtle little things. Unlike a lot of RPGs, especially WRPGs with their endless text choices and rambling, FF6 let you use your imagination a lot to understand the characters and read between the lines. It was like a good fantasy novel where you feel like you get to know the characters well enough that a tiny little animation at the right time can be worth 1000 words. There were entire sub-plots and story references that went unsaid but were obvious (or mysterious and interesting) if you were paying close enough attention.

User Info: RoutineInsanity

3 years ago#164
Legend of Dragoon. Great story, fantastic cut scenes (for the time) and just had fun battle mechanics It was a nice break from hit button....wait....hit button again...wait. if you wanted to do the full damage, you had to pay attention and learn the timing for the attacks.

User Info: Senkoy

3 years ago#165
Star Ocean 3. Loved the combat system and item creation. The story went to hell towards the end, but I didn't mind that much since I was having so much fun making uber weapons and beating uber bosses with them.
My fight stick:
My team combos:

User Info: TheShadowVI

3 years ago#166
It's gotta be FF6... or Chrono Trigger.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your favorite RPG and why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived