This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your favorite RPG and why?

#161Psalm51Posted 9/24/2013 6:36:36 AM
Sadly, I never completed my attempted play through of BG 1 + TotSC, but the blending of great music and game play was near perfect. Wasn't BG 1 + TotSC going to be released for Android? Overhaul Games got it working on IOS, but their promise to port it to Android hasn't been realized yet...
---
King David, my hero.
#162TimDDPosted 9/24/2013 6:41:47 AM
Ultima VII: Part 2 - The Serpent Isle

That game spurred my imagination with the depth and storytelling and wide open sandboxed world.
#163MrIsaac01Posted 9/25/2013 1:55:19 AM
sirtonne posted...
Probably still FF6. It wasn't my first RPG, or even my first FF, but it was the first RPG I really loved and played to death. I still remember paying $90 for it on SNES back in the day because it was so hard to find and in demand where I lived.

I loved the all the characters, the mad Kefka and the subtle little things. Unlike a lot of RPGs, especially WRPGs with their endless text choices and rambling, FF6 let you use your imagination a lot to understand the characters and read between the lines. It was like a good fantasy novel where you feel like you get to know the characters well enough that a tiny little animation at the right time can be worth 1000 words. There were entire sub-plots and story references that went unsaid but were obvious (or mysterious and interesting) if you were paying close enough attention.

Exactly!
#164RoutineInsanityPosted 9/25/2013 2:09:33 AM
Legend of Dragoon. Great story, fantastic cut scenes (for the time) and just had fun battle mechanics It was a nice break from hit button....wait....hit button again...wait. if you wanted to do the full damage, you had to pay attention and learn the timing for the attacks.
#165SenkoyPosted 9/25/2013 4:15:51 AM
Star Ocean 3. Loved the combat system and item creation. The story went to hell towards the end, but I didn't mind that much since I was having so much fun making uber weapons and beating uber bosses with them.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#166TheShadowVIPosted 9/25/2013 7:13:01 PM
It's gotta be FF6... or Chrono Trigger.