This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Torn between two cases

#1HeroshiX2Posted 9/23/2013 12:35:52 AM(edited)
I'm sure some of you are sick of seeing me but, honestly I'm finding choosing a case the hardest part of all this. But I'll squeeze a bit more out of my budget to get something future-proof. (Though I suppose my biggest concerns are space for the case and how silent it could be which.. conflicts my two choices as you'll soon see.)

I am torn between - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107

I like the looks and price, though the top LED worries me as my case is *somewhat* in view near the floor to me and I don't want to be blinded, no idea how bright these things are but.. I suppose replacing that fan would be easy? Dust also worries me. So does noise (I doubt I'd use anything other than the stock fans/replacing the top fan and maybe the fan on the evo) But taking off the side which is seems to be required to fit the 212 Evo should lessen it.

It'd also fit where my desk is nicely, I don't know if..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352020

This thing could even fit in the small nook, but making a bigger platform shouldn't be that big of a deal. It doesn't look as pretty but I don't mind minimal designs. However it seems to be much more future proof with size to add more parts (though the blackhawk seems okay in that regard, too) + the dust filters on EVERYTHING + the likely heavy silence all are very attractive to me, but I'd be going well a tad bit over my budget with the shipping costs.

Quite honestly I don't know how I can decide between one of these two, the pros and cons on both keep me in the middle and I was hoping that if anyone owned one of the two I could be swayed so I can finally stop spending hours looking at PC parts and purchase this in the morning/afternoon as the blackhawk seems to be ending its sale after today. Unless it means it being the 23rd now it'd end the sale when they update junk which would be a bummer but..it'd close the gap on budget, I guess.

Either way I heavily apologize for posting yet again but I'm also extremely thankful for the help everyone has given. I look forward to possible posts in the morning and even more so when I get all these parts here. (Speaking of shipping.. how does newegg handle faster shipping? Is there a set price or does it depend on what someone is buying?
#2MaKhaosPosted 9/23/2013 12:35:30 AM
Fractal Design R4 if it was me.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#3HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 1:38:21 AM
Just a single bump before sleep
#4SlaynPosted 9/23/2013 1:43:32 AM
Cases aren't a big deal. It is pretty much all about the looks. LED and crap can be replaced or at least turned off. Anything ATX should be able to fit any parts. I have the R4 it is WIDER, but that doesn't really help adding more parts. It isn't like you won't be able to add in a certain video card with one over the other. Go with what you like. The R4 though is built very tough, has lots of sound-proofing, and is pretty low temps for the sound.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#5ECOsvaldoPosted 9/23/2013 1:45:55 AM
Same here, I'd go with the R4.
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#6CatToyPosted 9/23/2013 2:03:20 AM
I have a Blackhawk, it's a nice case. The LED's aren't particularly bright, about as bright as my keyboard on the lowest setting. The mesh does a good job of keeping dust out of the case too.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#7Sc24lifePosted 9/23/2013 2:24:28 AM
MaKhaos posted...
Fractal Design R4 if it was me.

---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#8HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 7:32:13 AM
So far sounds like the R4 may end up being my thing, I'll have to hunt around and hopefully find something to actually PUT it on in the rooms I go into, but if not I'm out of luck and will have to settle for the other which isn't much of a big deal. I don't think it'd be too loud if what reviews are saying is any indication..

But the cooling/silence on the r4 is such a treat I just wish it wasn't so wide looking, the newegg page for it doesn't have exact specifications aside from weight which is pretty lame..
#9coolpal23Posted 9/23/2013 7:33:55 AM
That r4 looks extremely bland..
---
|Asus Z77|Two 1Gb 7850 HIS XFire| 1866 8Gb G.skill| i5 3570K 3.4Ghz
Steam: Lyokofanatic[G77F] "Fact and fiction, where do you draw the line?"
#10SlaynPosted 9/23/2013 7:39:42 AM
coolpal23 posted...
That r4 looks extremely bland..

That's why I like it. Bland cases for me. I am 29, can't have flashing lights. And FYI it IS wider than a standard case by about 2-3 inches. Quite substantial.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.