This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Corsair SSD's are reliable?

#1ThePCElitistPosted 9/23/2013 8:00:50 AM
I had a really hard time finding many reviews on this particular Corsair SSD I was interested in but I eventually found a couple that gave it pretty positive reviews so I ended up picking it up. I'm just wondering how reliable Corsair SSD's are though.

The one I purchased was a Corsair Neutron 256 GB
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#2ThePCElitist(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:16:12 AM
Really? No one here has an opinion about Corsair SSD's?
---
When I'm Miqo'te
#3Digital StormPosted 9/23/2013 11:19:05 AM
I have no issues with mine.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#4NicodimusPosted 9/23/2013 12:13:02 PM
Mine works well, no complaints.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#5CaspernomnomPosted 9/23/2013 12:30:36 PM(edited)
Have had mine for almost a year and no complaints at all installed super fast really easy but the sata connection piece is kinda flimsy not going to lie wish they made it a bit more sturdy

Corsair Force GT 120 gig
#6superdarkshadowPosted 9/23/2013 12:57:12 PM
The Force GT is a Sandforce 2281 SSD, so pretty average speed nowadays. It's better with compressible than incompressible data. Be sure to update the firmware though, the old ones had some issues.

The Force GS does reading at bit better, but writing a bit worse (other flash)

The Force 3 is pretty much the same story as the GT, BUT it has asynchronous flash, which it means it gets slower the fuller it gets.

The Performance Pro has a marvel controller, which is faster at writing and reading the small OS related files than Sandforce SSDs. Sequential writing and compressible data is worse.

The Neutrons offer pretty good performance , but are somewhat overpriced. The LAMD controller is also pretty new, so it hasn't yet proven it's reliability.
---
Corsair TX950W|ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe|Intel Core i5 2500K|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS GTX 670 DC2|Crucial M4 128GB |Samsung Spinpoint F3|CM 690 II Advanced|2x Dell U2312HM
#7Rexdragon125Posted 9/23/2013 1:00:07 PM
SSDs in my experience last just as long as mechanical drives, thanks to the write limits. You're just paying a premium for the speed and reduced capacity.
#8ThePCElitist(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 1:22:46 PM
superdarkshadow posted...
The Force GT is a Sandforce 2281 SSD, so pretty average speed nowadays. It's better with compressible than incompressible data. Be sure to update the firmware though, the old ones had some issues.

The Force GS does reading at bit better, but writing a bit worse (other flash)

The Force 3 is pretty much the same story as the GT, BUT it has asynchronous flash, which it means it gets slower the fuller it gets.

The Performance Pro has a marvel controller, which is faster at writing and reading the small OS related files than Sandforce SSDs. Sequential writing and compressible data is worse.

The Neutrons offer pretty good performance , but are somewhat overpriced. The LAMD controller is also pretty new, so it hasn't yet proven it's reliability.

Hm I'll research the LAMD controller info to see what you're talking about. I don't know much of anything about it. But I paid $179 for this ssd was that a fair price? It seemed to have been in the same price bracket as similar capacity SSD's from what I saw.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
#9Lonestar2000Posted 9/23/2013 2:45:21 PM(edited)
I would only buy a Samsung, Intel, Plextor or Crucial SSD.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335