This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me find gamer friends

#1sal_stingerPosted 9/23/2013 12:23:20 PM
Hey I don't really have any gamer friends and I would like to play with others online (while on Skype etc). Where's the best place to find casual fun gamers? Do i find them on the game's website community?
#2SmoboHashPosted 9/23/2013 12:47:43 PM
in-game is easiest.
#3Captain_DrekPosted 9/23/2013 12:49:21 PM
sal_stinger posted...
Do i find them on the game's website community?

You kinda answered your own question.
That's one way to do it. I met most of my Steam friends on random game servers and started playing with them regularly once we discovered similar interests.

It's essentially the same as making friends outside of the computer.

Hope that helps.
---
"There's always money in the banana stand."
3DS FC: 3738-0451-3244
#4AlexTheNextOnePosted 9/23/2013 12:50:08 PM
Yeah, in-game is easiest, though if you want to try that here, you should probably start naming some games you have that you would actually want to play with others. Otherwise it'll just be:

"I want to play games with people."

"I have games."
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#5SinisterSlayPosted 9/23/2013 12:51:25 PM
How do you find gamers women, that's what I want to know.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6FeatherwindPosted 9/23/2013 1:05:00 PM
Some games like most MMORPGs require committed cooperation such as guilds or clans. You could go play one of those then you would have an in-game excuse to cooperate and chat with other people.