This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Valve is trying to redefine PC gaming as... console gaming?

#41ninto55Posted 9/26/2013 3:48:28 PM
DarkSaber2k posted...
ninto55 posted...
McDood posted...
It's not like Valve's games take advantage of PC in any way that isn't mods. They're all pretty slow paced cinematic affairs.

When has this ever been true? If you want to talk about areas where Valve sucks you can say that Half-Life is just a bunch of boring arenas strung together with bland vehicle segments and a poor story. Portal is just a bunch of puzzles only worth a single play through. Then you get the multiplayer games which are as far away from 'slow paced cinematic affairs' as you can get.

But they are......

Oh good point. You put real work into proving your point. I concede.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#42DarkSaber2kPosted 9/26/2013 3:50:48 PM
You already professed yourself you to be an ardent Valve fanboy, why would I waste my time with that?
#43ninto55Posted 9/26/2013 4:37:19 PM
You could make an actual point because that's how a conversation works. McDood made a great point that I hadn't considered. When I think of Half-Life I think of the amazing strider battles, and then the boring corridor shootouts, when someone else thinks about the weird cutscenes. I personally like the cutscenes, I try to immerse myself into it, but I can understand why they're boring and stupid to anybody else. Don't just assume a fanboy can't take a good argument. If you don't try we win.

McDood posted...
ninto55 posted...

When has this ever been true? If you want to talk about areas where Valve sucks you can say that Half-Life is just a bunch of boring arenas strung together with bland vehicle segments and a poor story. Portal is just a bunch of puzzles only worth a single play through. Then you get the multiplayer games which are as far away from 'slow paced cinematic affairs' as you can get.

I love Valve, so at least know what you're talking about before hating them.

All their single player games can be classified as slow paced cinematic affairs, Half-Life having more shooting and Portal having more puzzles. The HL2 series in particular is really bad with the whole cinematic thing with how they force players to sit there and wait for their Totally-Not-A-Cutscene™ sequence to play out. Their multiplayer games are pretty slow and the guns feel weak. HL1 deathmatch was cool but there hasn't been anything like it in years.

---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!