This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What I don't get about the SteamOS?

#11claytonbuckleyPosted 9/23/2013 6:17:45 PM
TC asks a question, never seen again in the topic.

0/10
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#12Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 6:21:36 PM
To the guy above ^, that's because I have only gotten one answer to my question. I'm waiting for more answers.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#13Lemur_HPosted 9/23/2013 6:21:53 PM
Shub posted...
Springer posted...
Is finding compatible games with Linux an issue?

Go to the Steam website and click on Linux. But just to save you time, I'll just tell you that the library of games available for Linux is a small fraction of the list of games available for Windows. I think Valve hopes that SteamOS will change that but it remains to be seen.

For me, the worst case scenario would be developers deciding which platform they want to stick with. Some develop games exclusively for Windows and others develop games exclusively for Linux. I already hate the different publisher apps we have floating around for PC games. If it ever gets this fragmented, I'm gonna go find a new hobby.
#14Knight2520Posted 9/23/2013 6:26:02 PM
Transdude posted...
To the guy above ^, that's because I have only gotten one answer to my question. I'm waiting for more answers.

There isn't any other answer.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#15Erik212Posted 9/23/2013 6:26:12 PM
You can run Windows too and stream your games to your TV. I guess you could use a wireless KB&M to play but it would feel a bit awkward.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.