This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good "high bullet damage" shooters that can be co-oped through?

#21TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:44:08 PM
cow1578 posted...
I can't believe no one has suggested the Operation Flashpoint series.

One bullet from the enemy can kill you; depending on difficulty there are no respawns and no hud yet it's still fairly accessible.

It is not as complex and unforgiving as ARMA but it still sounds like something you might be looking for.

Dragon Rising is much better than Red River but both support co-op and both are worth playing.

Heard these games were very ill-received.

I'm interested in Dragon Rising then, albeit skeptical however.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#22BogePosted 9/24/2013 1:26:54 AM
cow1578 posted...
I can't believe no one has suggested the Operation Flashpoint series.

One bullet from the enemy can kill you; depending on difficulty there are no respawns and no hud yet it's still fairly accessible.

It is not as complex and unforgiving as ARMA but it still sounds like something you might be looking for.

Dragon Rising is much better than Red River but both support co-op and both are worth playing.

My bros and I tried Dragon Rising. We couldn't get passed the first mission because we were supposed to plant some bomb on a truck or something and we couldn't. It was like the game was bugged or something.

My problem with the military shooters today is that it's all outdoors and distant combat. There isn't any close quarters combat, so it's not as exciting.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#23claytonbuckleyPosted 9/24/2013 1:59:01 AM
Realism servers for pretty much any multiplayer FPS?
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#24sfcalimariPosted 9/24/2013 2:06:34 AM
SWAT IV is awesome considering how old it is, I'd really recommend you just try and find two copies if you want to play a challenging indoors tactical game.
---
We cannot base our information on something mystical. It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.
#25Orestes417Posted 9/24/2013 2:51:07 AM
I consider the Operation Flashpoint games to be under the ARMA umbrella. Same devs, same general idea.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#26cow1578Posted 9/24/2013 9:31:26 AM
Boge posted...

My bros and I tried Dragon Rising. We couldn't get passed the first mission because we were supposed to plant some bomb on a truck or something and we couldn't. It was like the game was bugged or something.

My problem with the military shooters today is that it's all outdoors and distant combat. There isn't any close quarters combat, so it's not as exciting.

The interface is a bit clunky but there have been patches and few interesting mods. The problem is that in order to play the mods you have to patch to the latest version... but that version doesn't support digital download copies of the game. You have to mount a disc image on a virtual drive to get around it--which is total crap. I still haven't bothered to figure it out.

The game plays well without the final patch. It is definitely 95% ranged combat and you rarely start with a scoped weapon. You'll spend a lot of time looking through your binoculars and a lot of time plinking away at targets 300m away with iron sights. Suppression is important as is compensation for bullet drop. There are vehicles (with generally bad controls unless you have a gamepad) and a lot of room for experimentation. There isn't much of a tutorial though so the learning curve is initially steep.

I'm not saying they're the best games ever but I found them very enjoyable. They're kind of an ARMA-lite. Red River is pretty mediocre but Dragon Rising is decent to good.
---
What's your nationality?
Me? I'm a drunkard.
#27SinisterSlayPosted 9/24/2013 9:32:57 AM
Portal 2 :D

Although that was mostly us killing each other by removing bridges :D
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#28sonicteam2k1Posted 9/24/2013 9:34:03 AM
Syndicate
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#29JockoPosted 9/24/2013 11:08:58 AM
I agree with SWAT 4. There still might be a digital download from Gamestop if you're real that anti disc.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#30SingertonPosted 9/24/2013 1:23:26 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Portal 2 :D

Although that was mostly us killing each other by removing bridges :D

This x100.