This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That Steam OS streaming thing seems like it will be handy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. That Steam OS streaming thing seems like it will be handy

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
3 years ago#1
Whenever I usually have a hangout, I would drag my pc out to the living room which takes forever to unhook and rehook. With the OS, it seems I can build a simple PC or convert the one in my sig into a living room machine when i build my next pc and just have it stream whatever the new pc does... So much less effort.
Black 2 FC: 1593-5449-4573 (I am well aware the 3DS is region locked)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#2
k
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#3
I'm curious what the system requirements are. Especially for streaming. If we could build/buy a bottom of the line PC and use our gaming rigs to stream the games to it that would be great.
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
3 years ago#4
wildog2006 posted...
I'm curious what the system requirements are. Especially for streaming. If we could build/buy a bottom of the line PC and use our gaming rigs to stream the games to it that would be great.

This is what i am hoping to be honest. I have a cheapy sitting in the closet that would work great

TimePharaoh posted...
k

rather pointless post
Black 2 FC: 1593-5449-4573 (I am well aware the 3DS is region locked)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM

User Info: analogman

analogman
3 years ago#5
i was thinking of bf3 or dota streamed to the tv where people could watch all the action.
check my quote :DD

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#6
Yep I think I'll enjoy it. Seems like the O for the first reveal was just the operating system reveal. The next is in brackets which will likely refer to being in some sort of steam box (maybe with a few tiers), and the last reveal shows O+O which is probably the streaming tech. I of course am most interested in the third reveal.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#7
I'm thinking the O+O is for game sharing. There have been plenty of rumors about it.
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. That Steam OS streaming thing seems like it will be handy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived