This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

State of Decay is way too easy.

#1CommunismFTWPosted 9/23/2013 10:15:53 PM
The game is great, probably tied with Project Zomboid as the best zombie sim, but it's simply way too damn easy. Triple digits of all resources after ~4 hours of playing, 15-20 survivors, max upgraded every building, five or more fully trapped outposts which basically secure an entire damn town, etc. I'm also swimming in ammo, influence, and trust.
---
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
#2CatToyPosted 9/23/2013 10:36:24 PM
Far too easy unfortunately. With all I knew about the game I was expecting quite a challenge. The farther I got the easier it became. All my resource consumption is within 2 (plus and minus depending on the resource), I haven't lost any characters, and I can cut through a horde of zombies with Marcus no problem.

I really like State of Decay, but the whole game needs some refining.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3SlaynPosted 9/23/2013 10:40:47 PM
.... isn't the game in beta?
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#4CatToyPosted 9/23/2013 10:41:57 PM
No. It's been out on the 360 for several months with a few updates. The early access is for the port, the game itself is complete.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#5CommunismFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 10:42:48 PM
CatToy posted...
Far too easy unfortunately. With all I knew about the game I was expecting quite a challenge. The farther I got the easier it became. All my resource consumption is within 2 (plus and minus depending on the resource), I haven't lost any characters, and I can cut through a horde of zombies with Marcus no problem.

I really like State of Decay, but the whole game needs some refining.

Yeah, my Marcus with /any/ heavy weapon and a spare snack on hand can solo an entire infestation no problem. I don't even need guns in this game. I literally cannot lose any characters I control, especially with that whole self-revive system.

Slayn posted...
.... isn't the game in beta?

No, it's done. The PC port is just in beta (And it can barely be called that, it's practically bug free except for some minor audio sync and control issues)
---
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
#6Lemur_HPosted 9/23/2013 11:23:30 PM
The sandbox mode is supposed to make the game harder each time you "refresh" the world, but it probably isn't the kind of difficulty you are looking for.