This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the refresh rate of human eyes?

#11PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:25:35 PM
wizardmon posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Rolen47 posted...
The human eye does not see in frames.

But it still refreshes, right?

No, it doesn't. The eye is on 100% of the time feeding visual information to the brain.

So it never stops sans death? Even while sleeping it still feeds to your brain?
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#12CatToyPosted 9/23/2013 11:25:41 PM
I use Febreze to keep my eyes refreshed.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#13Flaktrooper123Posted 9/23/2013 11:31:16 PM
Several million FPS maybe, so far hi tech gadget still can't replicate the effectiveness of biological system.
#14wizardmonPosted 9/23/2013 11:42:54 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
wizardmon posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Rolen47 posted...

No, it doesn't. The eye is on 100% of the time feeding visual information to the brain.

So it never stops sans death? Even while sleeping it still feeds to your brain?

Yeah, streaming the glorious image of your eye lid. - Additionally, if you will allow me to talk out of my ass here for a second I would think that the brain would ignore most signals it receives while you sleep; but then again turning on a light while I'm sleeping wakes me up so I think your brain might be picking that up while you sleep too.

I don't want to Google further into the issue though.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#15Erik212Posted 9/23/2013 11:52:40 PM
Some irregular signal is always in your optic nerve, and your brain decides to take different amounts of information from this stream of energy as it deems needed for you to effectively see. Also, the "resolution" of everything but the center of your vision sucks, also peripheral vision is in black and white, but your brain make you think you see color.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/23/2013 11:53:10 PM
wizardmon posted...

Yeah, streaming the glorious image of your eye lid.

Actually once you hit your REM period of sleep your eyeballs are curled back into your head so you'd be seeing the the top part of your eyesocket/brain xD
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17ARMs7777Posted 9/24/2013 12:21:08 AM
Erik212 posted...
Some irregular signal is always in your optic nerve, and your brain decides to take different amounts of information from this stream of energy as it deems needed for you to effectively see. Also, the "resolution" of everything but the center of your vision sucks, also peripheral vision is in black and white, but your brain make you think you see color.

Probably something like this. Your brain definately is not gonna be able to process as man images as some technology. Just swing your head left and right and you'll see that objects will blur.
#18TimePharaohPosted 9/24/2013 12:52:35 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
Rolen47 posted...

OK, now you're trying WAY too hard. Pathetic.

He's just stupid, there's a difference.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#19claytonbuckleyPosted 9/24/2013 3:04:51 AM
Rolen47 posted...

---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#20KtuluheroIIPosted 9/24/2013 4:03:59 AM
Talked about this in Psychology class the other day. The human eye can process around 60fps.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png