This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well does your 670 perform?

#21PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/24/2013 2:24:51 PM
Are you playing it from a SSD or HDD?
---
Fear is a leash.
#22Killur XFalconPosted 9/24/2013 2:36:57 PM
Yeah, sounds like hitching caused by the game accessing the HDD.

Get an SSD, and it should solve the problem.
---
"It sounds like an angry, drunken bear being shot from a cannon."-AutoMobile Mag commenting on the Audi RS4.
#23BogePosted 9/24/2013 3:39:36 PM(edited)
I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

I've had it for just over a year now. It still feels brand new. Yeah, some games or some situations don't run 60fps@1080p, but most does. If not, it's usually just in one short part and it's so slight that I hardly notice.

I tell ya though, those 7950 prices are really making me wish I could sell this thing off and buy one of those, comparable performance for 2/3 the price.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#24Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 5:46:44 PM
So what will fix it? An SSD or a 670?
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#25Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:11:43 PM
Bump
---
#26DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/24/2013 7:22:01 PM
Terantatek posted...
if I use a 670 will there be a slight microstutter when loading a cell, enemies or whatever else?

GPU won't help in that. Even a SSD won't eliminate the problem. The engine they use just isn't up to it. The way it 'streams' data is clunky and abrupt. Like you said, it loads in cells instead of progressively as you move, so large chunks of data are being loaded and that will cause hitching no matter what storage device you use. Most people don't mind the odd pause like you do and may not even really notice it.

I'm curious how a ramdisk solution would do in this scenario. Anyone test it out?
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#27Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:25:44 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Terantatek posted...
if I use a 670 will there be a slight microstutter when loading a cell, enemies or whatever else?

GPU won't help in that. Even a SSD won't eliminate the problem. The engine they use just isn't up to it. The way it 'streams' data is clunky and abrupt. Like you said, it loads in cells instead of progressively as you move, so large chunks of data are being loaded and that will cause hitching no matter what storage device you use. Most people don't mind the odd pause like you do and may not even really notice it.

I'm curious how a ramdisk solution would do in this scenario. Anyone test it out?

I want to not be bothered by it but I am and I cant help it. I really want to fix it, because to be honest the state skyrim is in for me right now makes me not want to play it.
---
#28Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:28:00 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
Use Dimmdrive for Skyrim. That's what I'm going to do.

What if it doesn't work aswell as I want it to? I want to never experience a frame skip. Ever. If it lowers fps to 50 that's fine, consoles do it well to where it doesn't frameskip, just slows down a bit. I just want skyrim to run like that on my computer.
---
#29PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/24/2013 7:46:04 PM
Terantatek posted...
consoles do it well to where it doesn't frameskip, just slows down a bit.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about. That "Slow down" is the framerate dropping. Also, Skyrim on consoles has godawful cell loading. (I would know, I logged over 300 hours on PS3)
---
Fear is a leash.
#30Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:18:16 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
Terantatek posted...
consoles do it well to where it doesn't frameskip, just slows down a bit.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about. That "Slow down" is the framerate dropping. Also, Skyrim on consoles has godawful cell loading. (I would know, I logged over 300 hours on PS3)

Ok I was wrong on that. How about the other part though?
---