This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you haven't bought dark souls yet you are not a member of the master race

#101Tyranius2Posted 9/24/2013 9:46:20 AM
Kosba_2142 posted...
Dark Souls? You mean that horrible s****y console port? Mind you the game was good, but the amount of fixes it needs to be functional on a PC is pretty high, and you want to say that its Master Race material? I love the game, but it is NOT Master Race Material

Sure, because downloading one ini file is a pretty high amount.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#102Dollarman_2005Posted 9/24/2013 9:49:05 AM
All I know is I hate single player games for the most part. Too focused on lore and generally have s*** tier gameplay that people enjoy more because of character and plot development than actual fun. I can't play a SP game for more than an hour at a time without being bored and quitting.

Dark Souls said screw that, made the gameplay the focus of the game, incorporated a very interesting lore (seriously, EpicNameBro on Youtube makes the coolest stories out of what's given to him), and has a huge open world map with very little guidance on where to go. I found myself loading it every day for 2-5 hours a day for a solid 2 weeks. That game is far too fun, even after I got over the awfulness of the port.

Fun fact: I bought Dark Souls on release for 360. Made it to Sen's fortress and hated the game. "Artificial difficulty!" "I have to keep doing the same place over and over because they can't figure out how to make an actual pacing for a game!" "Bosses are too hard!" "The weapons are so boring!" That's how I felt playing the game blind. Sold it and a while later I bought again on PC. The second I took it on more like WoW raiding (look up videos, suggested gear options, cool hidden tricks hidden in the level, etc) is when I actually started to enjoy the game. I didn't think it was overly hard, though the controls took a while to feel fluid and the tutorial most certainly could be a bit more informative. But hey, that's the fun!
#103MaxCHEATER64Posted 9/24/2013 10:06:23 AM
thatfool12Gs posted...
GwynsSonSolaire = SMBFan13 2.0

---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#104dorsman84Posted 9/24/2013 10:20:59 AM
one of the best games ever made. same with demons souls
---
PSN, Steam, Xbox Live, Miiverse: pharmy
#105Pawkie07Posted 9/24/2013 11:36:18 AM
Demons Souls was better
#106LtfabrettiPosted 9/24/2013 11:39:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#107Kosba_2142Posted 9/24/2013 2:23:12 PM(edited)
Arceus5000 posted...
I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a hipster

I agree.

Tyranius2 posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...
Dark Souls? You mean that horrible s****y console port? Mind you the game was good, but the amount of fixes it needs to be functional on a PC is pretty high, and you want to say that its Master Race material? I love the game, but it is NOT Master Race Material

Sure, because downloading one ini file is a pretty high amount.

Spoilers for the inept: One file can contain multiple fixes.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#108urtvPosted 9/24/2013 2:35:01 PM
becareful when this peasant kills you and takes the throne
#109kobalobasileusPosted 9/24/2013 3:15:59 PM
Whew! Dodged a bullet! If I were ever to become a member of the PC Gaming Master Race, I couldn't live with myself.

But tell me, TC, what about those who bough Dark Souls (garbage game, BTW) on the PS3 or Xbox 360 first? It is a console -> PC port, after all, and I thought those caused the Master Race to self destruct.
#110GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 4:37:14 PM
Bump for steam sale no excuses now you plebs
---
GwynsSonSolaire Topic