This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you haven't bought dark souls yet you are not a member of the master race

#111Tyranius2Posted 9/24/2013 6:16:44 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
Arceus5000 posted...
I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a hipster

I agree.

Tyranius2 posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...
Dark Souls? You mean that horrible s****y console port? Mind you the game was good, but the amount of fixes it needs to be functional on a PC is pretty high, and you want to say that its Master Race material? I love the game, but it is NOT Master Race Material

Sure, because downloading one ini file is a pretty high amount.

Spoilers for the inept: One file can contain multiple fixes.

dsfix has like 5 configurable settings that take less than 5 minutes to look and set up to how you want it.

Kosba Babby's first mod I guess
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#112KeyeszxPosted 9/24/2013 7:21:59 PM
Bought Demon's Souls for PS3. Loved it. bought Dark Souls for PS3, was meh. Bought it for PC, was more meh. Dark Souls is a crap game compared to Demon's Souls.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#1131618dudePosted 9/24/2013 7:41:57 PM
Meh... I have both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (pc version). They're a very good games in my opinion, but some people glorifies these games too much. Unless I was playing some different game, I don't know what makes someone "the master hardcore gamer" by playing them.
#114skyfire777Posted 9/24/2013 8:18:54 PM
i just remembered that the term "PC gaming master race" began as a sarcastic comment intended to be derogatory. people who claim to be part of this master race are therefore sort of insulting themselves, if taken with it's original intent.

proof: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/22-The-Witcher

that said, i AM a pc gamer sooo...
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#115EgdracilPosted 9/24/2013 8:32:27 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Boge posted...
It takes tact to succeed.

Not really, you're thinking of Demon's Souls. Dark Souls is loaded with "lolgotu" you're meant to die the first time events, unlike Demon's Souls, which is why it's bad game design.

And you're right it's not a button masher, you don't even need to mash to be successful. if you decide to use any type of magic/pyromancy., gg game. Soul Arrows demolish about 90% of the game with absolutely no effort whatsoever.

i think everything about this post is wrong.

First off, demons souls is great, second the game still is balls hard with magic
---
http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dwm2gbc/monster/egdracil.png
#116alhvatrPosted 9/24/2013 11:09:43 PM
From: GwynsSonSolaire | Posted: 9/24/2013 12:55:54 AM | #001
You are but a pesant masquerading among kings

Go play Wizardry 4 and then come back and close this pathetic topic.
---
"Four Gods sit on the windowsill, where eight gods once did war and will. And if the gods themselves may die, what does that say for you and I?"
#117Kosba_2142Posted 9/24/2013 11:40:19 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...
Arceus5000 posted...
I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a hipster

I agree.

Tyranius2 posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...
Dark Souls? You mean that horrible s****y console port? Mind you the game was good, but the amount of fixes it needs to be functional on a PC is pretty high, and you want to say that its Master Race material? I love the game, but it is NOT Master Race Material

Sure, because downloading one ini file is a pretty high amount.

Spoilers for the inept: One file can contain multiple fixes.

dsfix has like 5 configurable settings that take less than 5 minutes to look and set up to how you want it.

Kosba Babby's first mod I guess

I'd post a picture of my Nexus Mod Manager... but I feel it'd be wasted effort on you. The point is, we shouldn't have to fix the game for them. To use a horrible port as a standard for PC gaming is stupid and by relation, so is the person who suggested it.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#118petran78Posted 9/25/2013 12:00:42 AM
that game is even worse than Ultima VIII

Moonstone is 100 times better, console peasants!
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#119freutty2Posted 9/25/2013 4:53:13 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
freutty2 posted...
This whole master race thing is stupid. You guys sound like a load of kids acting like " If you don't play CoD, then you can't be in our club." And the club is in the tree house. You guys are the pathetic ones.

The pathetic ones are the fools who take it seriously. What the hell do you think we are? The Fifth Reich or something? We're just messing around about a title for god's sake. Nobody here actually believes they're more saintly or something for owning a PC, we just enjoy knowing we chose hardware that can push the limit, that's all.

Well when its the internet, its hard to tell if someone is stupid, trolling, or just plain serious. I can't hear someone's tone of voice in text. Plus people actually do take it seriously, the internet is filled with what I just said. Stupidity, trolling, and just plain serious.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#120SS4RickyPosted 9/25/2013 5:56:16 PM
Didnt bother reading through most of the garbage but I'll say this right now. 30 hours into dark souls and I'm hopelessly in love with the game. It's the fantasy, challenge, monsters, armor, fear of losing souls, losing souls and recovering, frustrating but rewarding boss battles, weapon diversity, the list goes on.

Very good game so far and it's been a while since I've been so frustrated by a game. It literally gives you all the resources, but gives you no advice or hints on how to use them. I can see a second playthrough not as thrilling but challenges to get weapon drops off of bosses as well as PvP/co-op should keep me entertained for a long time to come.
---
i7-3770k@3.5 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black