This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SteamOS will flop.

#21Solid---SteakPosted 9/24/2013 8:28:18 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Solid---Steak posted...
I don't even understand what SteamOS does. Hell, I don't even understand how you can play PC games on a TV.

lmao...seriously???

Yes, seriously. I play on console.
#22ThePCElitistPosted 9/24/2013 8:35:10 AM
He spouts nonsense about Linux and he looks like he's a 40 year old man trying to look like a 17 year old boy. I don't take him serious.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#23animanganimePosted 9/24/2013 8:39:34 AM
The thing is that even with steamOS and a TV setup, even if you have wireless keyboard and mouse on a couch it is still difficult to play, you also need a large surface for those to be on as well, on a couch that is not easy. Not every game supports controller and some is just not meant to be played with a controller at all. With some game the icons and text will be so small no way you can read it from your couch. Oh and don't forget the money needed for wireless mouse and keyboard too, for a decent pair it will not be cheap
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS
#24SteamsterPosted 9/24/2013 9:12:41 AM
Solid---Steak posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Solid---Steak posted...
I don't even understand what SteamOS does. Hell, I don't even understand how you can play PC games on a TV.

lmao...seriously???

That's still embarrassingly ignorant.
#25IronSasquatchPosted 9/24/2013 9:23:05 AM
Reading the comments, I stumbled upon the author revealing his true brilliance...

If gamers are grumbling about that, they must not be paying attention to the PS4 and XB1 specs. Those things give my ultimate rig a run for its money at a third of the price.

Yep, this guy's a dumbass.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#26GoIrish80Posted 9/24/2013 9:38:32 AM
Solid---Steak posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Solid---Steak posted...

lmao...seriously???

See that HDMI port on the back of your console that you plug a cable into and plug the other end into your TV?

Yeah..........PC's have those too.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#27CC RicersPosted 9/24/2013 10:19:46 AM
SamAnders posted...
Solid---Steak posted...

HDMI cable and a controller or wireless kb/m

Doesn't even need to be wireless though depending on viewing angle from desk or how far the wires will go

And you can also go wireless with the video/audio using a wireless display adapter.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#28Yo_D_oYPosted 9/24/2013 11:29:17 AM
Way too soon to say "It will flop."

This is to promote HTPCs and shift gaming toward a different direction. It doesn't take Valve THAT much effort to create and maintain this operating system. The profit that they will get from people using it and buying games from Steam who wouldn't have done so will overcome those expenses.

So from a business point of view, it's a good move. Let's wait for the next 2 announcements before taking these articles seriously.

I find it funny how the author judges SteamOS using mobile operating systems and desktop operating systems as examples. He misses the big picture here (pun not intended).
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a software license. They don't read it. They just scroll to the bottom and click 'i agree'
http://i.imgur.com/nudes.jpg
#29chungyPosted 9/24/2013 11:54:56 AM
#1 and #4 are his laughable points. Depending on who you ask, Linux either commands as much marketshare as Mac or even more than it. As for drivers, 2002 called and wants its issues back.
#30Benjamin_ButtonPosted 9/24/2013 11:59:47 AM
The only thing that will flop will be my b**** on his face
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD