This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good open world fantasy RPGs...

#21NicodimusPosted 9/24/2013 6:55:50 AM
thedeadman568 posted...
Sacred 2 bought it on release and hated it.
Two Worlds 1 & 2 I asked for good games and you dare mention Two Worlds? The first is one of the worst games I ever played and the second is mediocre at best.

Weird, all 3 of those games are awesome. Maybe you just don't like the genre?
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#22MarceloSampaioPosted 9/24/2013 6:59:47 AM(edited)
thedeadman568 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Featherwind posted...
Avernum 3 is pretty open. You need to follow the main story in order to access some locations but there is definitely a lot of exploring, wandering and adventuring too.

Mr. hatey-hater there would NEVER play a game that looks so 16 bits.

Thats too bad though, the Avernum series is amazing.

Way to judge someone you don't know much about. Where did I indicate that I care even remotely about graphics?

You dismiss a game for having something as isometric camera, so you seem to me someone who wouldn't play a game with bad graphics.

Ok, then try Avernum 1-6, Geneforce 1-5 and Avaddon. They are all great games. They are not completely open world, but each area is huge, and you can explore them as much as you want. BUT... they are isometric... Never mind! :p
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#23thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:04:46 AM(edited)
Well Sacred 2 released as an unplayable mess, atleast when it first released, so that left a bitter taste in my mouth. I loved the first one and like I said, I bought the Sacred 2 the day it came out.

As for the Two Worlds games, the dialogue is pretty bad in both, the animations are stiff (The Prophet in 2 is an amazing example of that) and the first one was horribly buggy from what I remember.

And the reason I don't really want to play an isometric game is a matter of gameplay and immersion, not a GRAFIXXX issue.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#24NicodimusPosted 9/24/2013 7:10:23 AM
thedeadman568 posted...
Well Sacred 2 released as an unplayable mess, atleast when it first released, so that left a bitter taste in my mouth. I loved the first one and like I said, I bought the Sacred 2 the day it came out.

As for the Two Worlds games, the dialogue is pretty bad in both, the animations are stiff (The Prophet in 2 is an amazing example of that) and the first one was horribly buggy from what I remember.

So...you don't believe in patches, and you're so picky that corny dialogue will stop you from playing a fun open-world RPG. Got it.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#25Maiken100Posted 9/24/2013 7:22:03 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Semi-open world, but yes this.
---
Next Gen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt3TOFUxPs
#26thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:29:19 AM
Nicodimus posted...

So...you don't believe in patches, and you're so picky that corny dialogue will stop you from playing a fun open-world RPG. Got it.

Like I said, it left a bitter aftertaste, that I still can't change. I also don't want to spend money on a game I owned and got rid of.
Why are you upset that I didn't like a game you enjoyed?

Anyway, you can let this thread die now, I got a couple recommendations, so that's fine.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#27xBrokenxHaloxPosted 9/24/2013 7:55:49 AM
thedeadman568 posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Like I said, it left a bitter aftertaste, that I still can't change. I also don't want to spend money on a game I owned and got rid of.
Why are you upset that I didn't like a game you enjoyed?

Anyway, you can let this thread die now, I got a couple recommendations, so that's fine.

I will never let this topic die. Don't tell me what to do.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#28ChromaticAngelPosted 9/24/2013 7:58:05 AM
thedeadman568 posted...
Anyway, you can let this thread die now

to 500!
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#29DetectivPenguinPosted 9/24/2013 8:00:05 AM
Is witcher 2 not open world??
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
#30Demon_AckerPosted 9/24/2013 8:00:45 AM
Apparently disliking subpar games = being a hater