This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone who has capture card experience, I could use some help....

#1O_Town_RulezPosted 9/24/2013 9:43:19 AM
I'm trying to capture Wii games but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make them cover the whole screen in my video editor. I have the videos set to 16:9 and I've been trying to render it to its highest resolution (720x480) and I can't figure it out.

My Wii is set to Widescreen (16:9) and is set to 480p. I don't know what's wrong. I even tried manually entering in 1920x1080 to see if that worked, but it didn't and just made the video laggy.

This is on actually Wii games and on Wii Virtual Console games.

I'm using a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition to record the gameplay and Corel VideoStudio Pro x6 to edit it (Nice program by the way, thanks to the user who recommended it to me).
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic - Off-Season
#2Bikes-Posted 9/24/2013 9:45:48 AM
While I'm not a expert you do know the wii doesn't do HD right?
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#3O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:50:09 AM
Bikes- posted...
While I'm not a expert you do know the wii doesn't do HD right?

Yes, I'm well aware, but there's people on YouTube who have their videos stretched out to be full widescreen.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
#4Jprime666Posted 9/24/2013 9:59:46 AM
I know how to it in Vegas, but not Corel. It's also worth noting that forcing a video editing program to make a 1080p video out of 480p source files won't magically give you high quality 1080p footage.

In Vegas you can click on the file in your timeline and force it to appear in 16:9 or whatever aspect ratio you're rendering in.
---
How many emotions is people?
#5FuRiOuS 198774623Posted 9/24/2013 10:06:42 AM(edited)
Does you video editor have any cropping options? I'm not entirely sure what your problem is based on your message, but I'm guessing you're getting black bars across the top, bottom, and sides. You'll probably need to crop the top and bottom of the video in order to get it to look right. I'm pretty sure the Wii doesn't actually output in 16:9, it just adds black bars to the top and bottom the same way old widescreen DVDs used to.

Try cropping 60 pixels off the top and 60 pixels off the bottom. I think that should give you what you're looking for.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC on 6/3/2003
#6O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:02:46 AM
FuRiOuS 198774623 posted...
Does you video editor have any cropping options? I'm not entirely sure what you're problem is based on you message, but I'm getting you're getting black bars across the top, bottom, and sides. You'll probably need to crop the top and bottom of the video in order to get it to look right. I'm pretty sure the Wii doesn't actually output in 16:9, it just adds black bars to the top and bottom the same way old widescreen DVDs used to.

Not sure if my video editor has cropping, I'm going to go jump on and check though.
---