This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is piracy a gateway crime to other more serious crimes?

#61codyorrPosted 9/24/2013 2:36:17 PM
My friend stole a car after he illegally downloaded music. Now he's married. Don't download music illegally!
#62The_Pig_KingPosted 9/24/2013 2:51:25 PM
I believe this is what we in the business world call a "joke topic".
---
3DS FC: 3609-1031-7195
#63Kosba_2142Posted 9/24/2013 2:52:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64rusty12000Posted 9/24/2013 3:05:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#65Akihiko__SanadaPosted 9/24/2013 3:28:43 PM
freezeman posted...
All pirates are murderers.

---
-No longer a fan of Wiis-
#66the_key_24Posted 9/24/2013 3:41:31 PM(edited)
So youre saying that China is the devil itself.

Facts backing up statement:
China is a HUGE pirating country
They make lots of money on pirating buisness
This: http://picpicpicpicpicqqqqqqqq.weebly.com/uploads/1/5/1/7/15172690/5056434_orig.jpg

I see what you're getting at here, I can see the resemblance too.
---
MEGA MAN IS IN THE SMASH! Now I can forgive Capcom, for now.
My website and friend codes are in my profile.
#67TwilightPhoenixPosted 9/24/2013 3:40:11 PM
When I was a child I obtained a few pieces of shareware in an illicit manner. Now, before you dare to question the morality of my actions, let me remind you that I have a death ray pointed at the Earth.
---
Please, always procrastinate responsibly.
#68MizunoRyuuPosted 9/24/2013 3:44:21 PM
Erm, no. People pirate because it's easy and there are no consequences. Nobody loses out on anything. It's like taking a DNA sample from a pig and using it to clone another one. You gain a pig, and nothing happens to the original. According to these "omg piracy is bad ur satan" people, that is equal to stealing. Which it quite evidently isn't.

It's not even a crime.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#69Bigj089Posted 9/24/2013 3:58:10 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Erm, no. People pirate because it's easy and there are no consequences. Nobody loses out on anything. It's like taking a DNA sample from a pig and using it to clone another one. You gain a pig, and nothing happens to the original. According to these "omg piracy is bad ur satan" people, that is equal to stealing. Which it quite evidently isn't.

It's not even a crime.

Except for the person trying to sell pork, when a lot of people just keep cloning the pig instead of buying it. The work he put into raising it went to waste and he loses out.

People put time and money into making games, movies, ect and buying them is how they make that money back and to pay for the work they put into it. I guess if it doesnt hurt anyone, everyone should just stop buying their digital forms of media, right?
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#70Fou LuPosted 9/24/2013 4:16:31 PM
Hahahah.... This topic was made by a game developer wasn't it?

I used to pirate games, a long long time ago. Then Steam started having crazy deals, and I began to buy games because it was easier to pay $5 for something than to download it for free and worry about viruses.

That's how I screw devs now, I buy games on sale so they don't get the full cut. Also, when I use Humble Bundles, I always put 0 for the developer cut and give the money to charity and Humble tip. With all the whining developers do, I found a new way to screw them, a 100% perfectly legal way to make them cry, which they haven't been crying about! No, they just keep crying about piracy and used games.
---
I smolder with generic rage.