This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Optimal Joystick...

#1PanopictonguyPosted 9/24/2013 10:44:21 AM
For playing the X series?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#2KillerTrufflePosted 9/24/2013 10:47:37 AM
I've actually done just fine with the 360 wireless gamepad. If I had a choice tho, I'd have a proper stick + throttle setup like the Saitek X52 or something, just for immersion's sake. It works perfectly well with a 360 pad tho.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3JavelinPosted 9/24/2013 11:01:36 AM
The Saitek peripherals (X-52/Pro or X-65F) are great for immersion.

If you're rich, you can go for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, which makes all other joysticks look like children's toys.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#4MortalDangerPosted 9/24/2013 11:13:59 AM
Definitely go KB/M on the X series. Joysticks are too slow and imprecise.
---
God Bless America.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 9/24/2013 11:14:17 AM
If you can afford the X-65F, just pony up the little bit extra and get the Warthog. :P Considering the fact that I want to get a pedal set along with a flight stick when I finally do, I don't think my wife would agree to a $500 flight stick.
---
#6KillerTrufflePosted 9/24/2013 11:16:02 AM
MortalDanger posted...
Definitely go KB/M on the X series. Joysticks are too slow and imprecise.

I've actually done perfectly fine with the 360 gamepad, as I said. I still use the keyboard for a few shortcuts, but my interface is basically gampad + keyboard, not keyboard + mouse. Ideally I'd have a nice flight stick tho, with enough buttons to map most all of the shortcuts I'd need.
---
#7Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 12:07:18 PM
Yeah I'm using the Xbox controller. But I don't like how I lose the use of the right stick in X beyond. I think I could get more out of the joystick if I had something more compatible. I'll look into what's been listed.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#8DinglesteedPosted 9/24/2013 12:14:22 PM
I use the Thrustmaster t.16000m and it is awesome. Has the magnetic Hall sensors that the expensive ones use, but is only around $40.00. It has the throttle built into the base of the stick but for the money it is amazing. I highly recommend it.
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#9KillerTrufflePosted 9/24/2013 12:18:10 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Yeah I'm using the Xbox controller. But I don't like how I lose the use of the right stick in X beyond. I think I could get more out of the joystick if I had something more compatible. I'll look into what's been listed.

I've only tried Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude myself - don't even have the earlier X games. The 360 pad works with both analog sticks as well as the D-pad in both of those.
---