This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Optimal Joystick...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Optimal Joystick...

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
3 years ago#1
For playing the X series?
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#2
I've actually done just fine with the 360 wireless gamepad. If I had a choice tho, I'd have a proper stick + throttle setup like the Saitek X52 or something, just for immersion's sake. It works perfectly well with a 360 pad tho.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Javelin

Javelin
3 years ago#3
The Saitek peripherals (X-52/Pro or X-65F) are great for immersion.

If you're rich, you can go for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, which makes all other joysticks look like children's toys.
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB

User Info: MortalDanger

MortalDanger
3 years ago#4
Definitely go KB/M on the X series. Joysticks are too slow and imprecise.
God Bless America.

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#5
If you can afford the X-65F, just pony up the little bit extra and get the Warthog. :P Considering the fact that I want to get a pedal set along with a flight stick when I finally do, I don't think my wife would agree to a $500 flight stick.

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#6
MortalDanger posted...
Definitely go KB/M on the X series. Joysticks are too slow and imprecise.

I've actually done perfectly fine with the 360 gamepad, as I said. I still use the keyboard for a few shortcuts, but my interface is basically gampad + keyboard, not keyboard + mouse. Ideally I'd have a nice flight stick tho, with enough buttons to map most all of the shortcuts I'd need.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
3 years ago#7
Yeah I'm using the Xbox controller. But I don't like how I lose the use of the right stick in X beyond. I think I could get more out of the joystick if I had something more compatible. I'll look into what's been listed.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#8
I use the Thrustmaster t.16000m and it is awesome. Has the magnetic Hall sensors that the expensive ones use, but is only around $40.00. It has the throttle built into the base of the stick but for the money it is amazing. I highly recommend it.
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#9
Panopictonguy posted...
Yeah I'm using the Xbox controller. But I don't like how I lose the use of the right stick in X beyond. I think I could get more out of the joystick if I had something more compatible. I'll look into what's been listed.

I've only tried Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude myself - don't even have the earlier X games. The 360 pad works with both analog sticks as well as the D-pad in both of those.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Optimal Joystick...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived