This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the PC versions of Assassins Creed 4, Watch Dogs, etc be the best versions?

#1galfasanta1111Posted 9/24/2013 11:32:44 AM
Than the PS4, Xbox One versions?
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#2Binba442Posted 9/24/2013 11:33:46 AM(edited)
Always.*

*Most of the time
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#3PathlessBulletPosted 9/24/2013 11:33:54 AM
Highly unlikely. Expect console port central for next gen titles.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#4Logical_OnePosted 9/24/2013 11:37:51 AM
PathlessBullet posted...

Yes--a console port with the optiomn of patching, button configuration and graphics settings. Oh--the games are usually $10 less and have no tax.

Still seems like the best version from where I'm sitting...
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#5AsucaHayashiPosted 9/24/2013 11:44:27 AM
uh yes?

nobody knows if any of those games will run at 1080p/60fps on those consoles not to mention there's no way in hell "max settings" on the PC versions will be what we'll see in the console version and even if they are, there are still higher resolutions and framerates available to PC gamers as well as everything mentioned above.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#6MwulfPosted 9/24/2013 11:57:07 AM
Logical_One posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

Yes--a console port with the optiomn of patching, button configuration and graphics settings. Oh--the games are usually $10 less and have no tax.

I can only imagined you were asleep for the past decade or so of PC gaming. Many console ports are horribly optimized, and many lack basic functionality--to re-binding, few if any graphics options, etc.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#7EpicKingdom_Posted 9/24/2013 11:58:27 AM
PC will always be better.
---
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623
#8Bikes-Posted 9/24/2013 11:59:20 AM
Doesn't the ps4 version have extra content? Beyond that though yeah, pc will probably be better.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#9BogePosted 9/24/2013 12:20:49 PM
Depending on your machine, yes. If you have the power to push them out at 1080p+ and 60fps+, you'll have the best version. You'll have gamepad or mouse/keyboard controls, so you get to choose. You'll have potential mods as well.

I'll bet most next gen games will not be at 1080p@60fps. You'll get one or the other, but not both typically. So the PC versions will potentially be the best versions this entire generation. Mark my words.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#10BogePosted 9/24/2013 12:23:59 PM(edited)
Mwulf posted...
Logical_One posted...
PathlessBullet posted...

I can only imagined you were asleep for the past decade or so of PC gaming. Many console ports are horribly optimized, and many lack basic functionality--to re-binding, few if any graphics options, etc.

And yet every port I've played has been better on the PC. Interesting. All of them can be played with a gamepad, same as a console. Even ones like Dark Souls that was 720p (before mods) still runs at 30fps constant which is better than the consoles. With the crappiest port, you get at least the console version...doesn't say much for the console version if you ask me.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.