This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know a lot about Microsoft Word 2013?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know a lot about Microsoft Word 2013?

User Info: DoubleJ9

DoubleJ9
3 years ago#1
Not sure where else I can ask this, but maybe someone here has messed with this before.

I'm trying to edit a form that was given to me. The guy who did it before has blanks put in like this ___________ where names are suppose to go. There are about 15 in total so at this point when we need to add a name we have to go in and Copy/Paste in 15 times where the space is.

I know there's a way to add in text boxes and tag them together where when you type in the main one then it autofills it to the other but I can not figure out how to get it to copy.

We're using Word 2013 and I got the Developer's Tab up and can add a text Content Control box but when I add multiple of them and give them all the same tag nothing happens when I fill in the first one.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I can't seem to find anything on google about it. At least nothing for Word 2013.
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282

User Info: dermoratraken

dermoratraken
3 years ago#2
Don't know how to do that, but couldn't you just do a find and replace?

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#3
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html
Don't use a text control box, use text form field under legacy tools and legacy forms (not ActiveX controls).
This functionality is not particular to Word 2013, it's been around for a long time. The instructions look like they were made for Word 2003 but they work nonetheless. Note they assume a higher than basic level of knowledge of Word.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know a lot about Microsoft Word 2013?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived