This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know a lot about Microsoft Word 2013?

#1DoubleJ9Posted 9/24/2013 2:26:51 PM
Not sure where else I can ask this, but maybe someone here has messed with this before.

I'm trying to edit a form that was given to me. The guy who did it before has blanks put in like this ___________ where names are suppose to go. There are about 15 in total so at this point when we need to add a name we have to go in and Copy/Paste in 15 times where the space is.

I know there's a way to add in text boxes and tag them together where when you type in the main one then it autofills it to the other but I can not figure out how to get it to copy.

We're using Word 2013 and I got the Developer's Tab up and can add a text Content Control box but when I add multiple of them and give them all the same tag nothing happens when I fill in the first one.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I can't seem to find anything on google about it. At least nothing for Word 2013.
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#2dermoratrakenPosted 9/24/2013 4:15:17 PM
Don't know how to do that, but couldn't you just do a find and replace?
#3ShubPosted 9/24/2013 4:49:24 PM
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html
Don't use a text control box, use text form field under legacy tools and legacy forms (not ActiveX controls).
This functionality is not particular to Word 2013, it's been around for a long time. The instructions look like they were made for Word 2003 but they work nonetheless. Note they assume a higher than basic level of knowledge of Word.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.