This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are these any programs that are like joy2key but with a keyboard?

#1ninto55Posted 9/24/2013 4:03:01 PM(edited)
That may not make much sense as a topic title. This is something I've wondered for years, pretty much as long as I've used joy2key. Figured I'd finally ask. I couldn't find anything on google, but I guess I'm not sure what to search.

Joy2Key, if you don't know, is a little program that accepts input from a controller and tells the computer you're pressing some computer key. This is great for playing a lot of games that don't have controller setup, especially old platformers. With some games, it just feels better to play with a keyboard. Okay, if I want to use a keyboard why not just use the keyboard? Sometimes the keyboard bindings are just awful and won't let you change them.

I would just love to press WASD instead of the arrow keys, and make this program think I'm pressing the arrow keys. This, along with other rebindings of course.

Does anything like this exist?

Edit: The topic title is supposed to be there not these. "Are there any programs that are like joy2key but with a keyboard?" Still doesn't make much more sense.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#2PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/24/2013 4:08:03 PM
AutoHotKey?
---
Fear is a leash.
#3ninto55(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 4:11:46 PM
That looks like what I'm looking for. Thanks for the quick response.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!