This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's getting harder to demonize Apple and Mac OSX as a gaming platform.

#11JavelinPosted 9/24/2013 10:02:25 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
ChicagoTed_ posted...
pointless OSX hate

14/25 of the most popular? That's not only a horrible sample size, it's a misleading demographic. It's not a stretch to say that the most popular games are more likely to be on Mac.

If anything, his list makes the argument against buying a Mac, because look, here are the top 25 PC games, and you would only be able to play just over half of them. How much worse would it get if you decided you were interested in some niche genres?
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#12TimePharaohPosted 9/24/2013 10:11:23 PM(edited)
So your argument that Macs aren't awful as a gaming platform is that you can play less than half of the "best" recent games (but of course not the hundreds of vastly superior games, or hundreds of thousands of games in general), pay more, and have less options for everything from software to hardware?

Seems legit
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#13Devil_wings00Posted 9/24/2013 10:14:04 PM
I know they have mac specific graphics cards but aren't they few and far between and most of there machines, besides the desktop models, can't even take them? Aren't most macs powered by laptop graphics cards these days? Not to say that high end laptop graphics aren't capable but it does leave most consumers in the dust for anything but midrange graphics and a far more limited selection of titles VS. PC.

It may not be as dire as it once was for mac users but macs definitely not the best option if gaming is your priority.

Also LOL at people still thinking OSX is the same as IOS. OSX is a fine OS that is no more open or closed then windows is.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#14GalaxyNexusPosted 9/24/2013 10:19:33 PM
Skyrim but no Morrowind? What a joke list.
#15kjhoveyPosted 9/24/2013 10:22:02 PM
GalaxyNexus posted...
Skyrim but no Morrowind? What a joke list.

Morrowind is technically over a decade old.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
Steam= kjhovey GT= kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey
#16SpacewhizguyPosted 9/24/2013 10:28:48 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
So your argument that Macs aren't awful as a gaming platform is that you can play less than half of the "best" recent games

Your math is so good!
---
What's a sig?
#17TimePharaohPosted 9/24/2013 10:30:04 PM
I wasn't going with their list. It has LoL, FO3, DA, etc on it lol it's less valid then this topic is in general.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#18SpacewhizguyPosted 9/24/2013 10:50:05 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
I wasn't going with their list. It has LoL, FO3, DA, etc on it lol it's less valid then this topic is in general.

Yeah, of course you were referring to some other, private list that you made absolutely no mention of even though you were clearly referring to the TC's list since you said it was the "best" (sarcastically).
---
What's a sig?
#19strongo9Posted 9/24/2013 11:10:15 PM
Only being able to play a bit more than half of some of the most popular games is pretty bad. The reasons for OS X/Mac hate goes beyond its poor gaming capabilities.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#20ConkerPosted 9/25/2013 3:09:01 AM
Spacewhizguy posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

Yeah, of course you were referring to some other, private list that you made absolutely no mention of even though you were clearly referring to the TC's list since you said it was the "best" (sarcastically).

Actually, the post does reek of exactly what he's saying he meant. Just reading it with the "best" part obviously being sarcasm, I assumed he was just meaning that half the list the from the OP didn't even belong in the top 25 games, and less than half of the top 25 he really believes are available on Mac. Then again, that all gets a bit wordy and it makes more sense to just post sarcastically as he did.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!