This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is playing an FPS game on a laptop pretty much a no no?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is playing an FPS game on a laptop pretty much a no no?

User Info: Dieselzone32450

Dieselzone32450
3 years ago#1
I know that with games, you can plug in a PS3/360 controller

But keyboard+Mouse(from user input) is factually the best way to play an FPS game. From what I've heard and experienced , my laptop can get pretty hot when playing video games. though i haven't tried an FPS yet.

Has anyone here ever played FPS on your laptop? How did you ever deal with heat from your laptop? Is there a legitimate way to make it cool, even when playing games? Or did you stick to playing it on an actual PC?
If you take the Sensui hype as 100% true then, 20% of Sensui =SSJ3 Goku. -Knowledge King

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
3 years ago#2
What kind of PoS laptop do you have for it to generate so much heat that it becomes a concern?
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

Dieselzone32450
3 years ago#3
PathlessBullet posted...
What kind of PoS laptop do you have for it to generate so much heat that it becomes a concern?

Lenovo Y580
If you take the Sensui hype as 100% true then, 20% of Sensui =SSJ3 Goku. -Knowledge King

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
3 years ago#4
1. You can plug a mouse into your Laptop rofl..

2. You can buy a million different cooling pads to keep your laptop cool if that's an issue.

3. silly topic
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: XNo_FearX

XNo_FearX
3 years ago#5
my laptop never gets hot no matter what game i play
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Asus Laptop | Gtx 680M | i5 @3.2GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#6
Try getting some good Arctic Thermal paste and replacing the original paste with that.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

Dieselzone32450
3 years ago#7
HydroCannabinol posted...
1. You can plug a mouse into your Laptop rofl..

2. You can buy a million different cooling pads to keep your laptop cool if that's an issue.

3. silly topic

1. I have a mouse. It's mostly touching the actual keyboard where it becomes a big issue

2. Just get anything? What is the best brand or one I should get? Do I have to worry about pads that work specifically with certain laptops? Or do they work for all of them?

3. Nope.

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
3 years ago#8
Dieselzone32450 posted...
I have a mouse. It's mostly touching the actual keyboard where it becomes a big issue

wut?
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

Dieselzone32450
3 years ago#9
PathlessBullet posted...
Dieselzone32450 posted...
I have a mouse. It's mostly touching the actual keyboard where it becomes a big issue

wut?

I...have...a....mouse.....but .... the buttons on my keyboard become too hot when playing games. Hence why I talking about it being hot in the first place.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#10
Yeah. that's not a good thing. Laptops should not get that hot
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is playing an FPS game on a laptop pretty much a no no?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived