This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark souls is 75% on steam!

#71WimpyWeaksaucePosted 9/25/2013 1:30:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#72LeeCzPosted 9/25/2013 2:56:57 AM
Its a great deal.

I dont like the hype game gets tough.... but thats is how it works hmmm

I start at Kings Field, Shadow Tower, Eternal Ring and Armored Core serie so... iam From Soft fan but i understand those games is not for all ppl

For me PC port works fine with no problems, no crash, etc but i quess its about PC HW you have - and that may do some problems.
And i say vanilla looks great - it just need time to get used to it if you are focused on graphics

One of my friends play it WITHOUT controller, just keyboard and mouse (with some patch)

GFWL - all hate center here

Still its little sad to see great value games selling too cheap.....
---
PSN SevenDiendForce
#73AlleRacingPosted 9/25/2013 3:10:12 AM
Fenfen_ posted...
I think that most of the people who hated it are actually the people who understood how to play the game too fast and realizes that patience is everything.

I think you are vastly overestimating the average gamer.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#74dmcd93Posted 9/25/2013 3:22:33 AM
Here's a legit problem with the game: Lost Izalith.
It's obviously unfinished, the boss sucks and it's no fun to play through at all.

That being said, I do think Dark Souls is a good game, it's fanbase can be insufferable though.
---
Baldur's Gate 2 is, in my opinion the best RPG ever made.
Devil May Cry 2 is in fact the best 3rd person shooter ever made.
#75Tyranius2Posted 9/25/2013 3:55:38 AM
dmcd93 posted...
Here's a legit problem with the game: Lost Izalith.
It's obviously unfinished, the boss sucks and it's no fun to play through at all.

That being said, I do think Dark Souls is a good game, it's fanbase can be insufferable though.

Yeah, Lost Izalith sucks. Instead of giving you a ring that makes you able to walk on lava, they should have given something like a passive buff, just so when you die to that bs of a boss, you don't have to keep swapping rings.

Bed of Chaos is definitely the game's lowest point. Terrible design right there, and if there was a cheat I could use to instantly kill the boss as soon as I entered the room, I'd use it with no guilt.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#76novelaaPosted 9/25/2013 4:14:07 AM
dark souls fans are the worst
most overrated game this gen, by far
#77MelvinSmileyPosted 9/25/2013 4:16:26 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Anyone that tries to talk something bad about Dark Souls has no legitimate criticism. I'd like to hear some.

It was designed to be difficult, but it's not real difficulty, just tedium.

Could you please describe to me what you believe is "real" difficulty.
---
If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
PSN: PointHrO STEAM: PointHrO
#78LeeCzPosted 9/25/2013 4:23:10 AM
novelaa posted...
dark souls fans are the worst
most overrated game this gen, by far

"Perhaps the same could be said of all religions....."
- Dracula SoTN

Fans are not
PPL are
---
PSN SevenDiendForce
#79FeatherwindPosted 9/25/2013 4:51:20 AM
Dark Souls actually has a good story, good characters, really cool world and decent gameplay.
Some of the areas aren't so good (Lost Izalith especially is one of the ugliest video game levels ever) and the game sort of loses momentum around O&S but it's still worth it.

It indeed is more challenging than the normal difficulty in most games but the game lacks a difficulty setting. For example two AAA games I've bought this year Civ 5 and L4D2 are imo both more difficult (and Civ 5 is much easier than Civ 4 imo).

Also I have no idea what artificial difficulty is supposed to mean. I googled it and the first result was a TvTropes page defining it as mechanics and gameplay that scrubs (I wish this word didn't sound so negative) don't like for being too "gamey". Immersion breaking mechanics are a legit complaint for RPGs and other games I guess. But artificial difficulty is a buzzword and it seems to just mean: not immersive. I've played LoL long enough to know people often blame others and the game to feel better about themselves and people who died because of their scrubby attitude (didn't consider camera movement, the control scheme etc) probably made up this buzzword so they could feel they didn't "deserve" their deaths and losses. Games that have a random outcome are just random - I never see people calling Poker artificially difficult for example as the general attitude towards that game is less scrubby.

Dark Souls is actually a very consistent game. The mechanics might feel gamey but they are for the most part quite predictable and balanced enough to be challenging. Immersion breaking or not I find the gameplay much more interesting than in many other modern games. I don't like games that needlessly waste the players time in uninteresting ways but Dark Souls isn't actually that bad in this regard. Some bonfires could be a little closer to the bosses but it's a pretty minor thing and the game is actually very convenient to play most of the time. Not much unnecessary filler or tank & spank, most combats are pretty short and decisive, for the most part the maps are just the right size and not too tedious (Lost Izalith fails here too).
#80synthetiksinPosted 9/25/2013 9:09:58 AM
This game (with demon's souls) is basically playing Ninja Gaiden Black with Resident Evil 4 controls.