This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CD Projekt RED claiming they've already maxed on the PS4/XB1 before release

#11JavelinPosted 9/24/2013 8:36:51 PM
Spacewhizguy posted...
BendoHendo posted...
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/09/05/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-close-to-maxing-out-ps4-and-xbox-one-power-claims-cd-projekt-red

That's just pathetic. Console hardware is so antiquated that it can already be maxed out months before the console is even released.

Guess what that means? Dumbed down PC Games because consoles won't be able to keep up....so our gaming will suffer (in terms of not being at their full potential graphically and technologically)

--

I think what's pathetic is how you're trying so hard to find a reason why consoles suck. You can easily "max" out even the highest end PCs today too (for example, toss in a basic real time ray tracer and even the fastest PCs will struggle).

Creating a game is all about compromises, even for PCs.

And you need to compromise 100x as much for a console.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#12DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/24/2013 8:45:16 PM
Javelin posted...

Oh please. While our hardware is better, I doubt these new consoles will be hampering our experiences in any way now that porting will be so much easier. The RAM limit of the older consoles was the main constraint and that is drastically improved this time around. Our pc's aren't multitudes better right now. Maybe 5 years down the line there might be some compromising going on but until then, stop with the unnecessary drivel.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#13Combo MasterPosted 9/24/2013 8:53:27 PM
Like the article says of course they can say they have maxed out the power, but that doesn't mean they cannot find ways to better optimize the game for the consoles.
---
Combo Master
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/24/2013 9:00:39 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

Oh please. While our hardware is better, I doubt these new consoles will be hampering our experiences in any way now that porting will be so much easier. The RAM limit of the older consoles was the main constraint and that is drastically improved this time around. Our pc's aren't multitudes better right now. Maybe 5 years down the line there might be some compromising going on but until then, stop with the unnecessary drivel.

TBH, the slow CPUs will probably be a problem some 2-3 years down the line, since games need to at least run ~20fps more often than ~10fps at least.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/24/2013 9:05:16 PM
Hell, Witcher 3 probably already maxed current PC rigs
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/24/2013 9:08:03 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
TBH, the slow CPUs will probably be a problem some 2-3 years down the line, since games need to at least run ~20fps more often than ~10fps at least.

Thats the difference between the 30fps and 60+ we expect. They have lower targets and our increased hardware just means that our higher expectations are more manageable. While those consoles will be limited to 720p and 30fps later on, pc won't be. We will need double/triple the power to maintain double/triple the resolution/frames.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
#17JavelinPosted 9/24/2013 9:13:54 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

Oh please. While our hardware is better, I doubt these new consoles will be hampering our experiences in any way now that porting will be so much easier. The RAM limit of the older consoles was the main constraint and that is drastically improved this time around. Our pc's aren't multitudes better right now. Maybe 5 years down the line there might be some compromising going on

And where in my post did I limit my viewpoint to the present? I'm not as small-minded as you.

Sony and Microsoft want their consoles to have a shelf life of 8+ years. You're dreaming or in denial if you think their piddly little toys will be able to run multiplatform games without a laundry list of compromises. Just look at how Battlefield 3 runs on an Xbox 360.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/24/2013 9:22:43 PM
Javelin posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

Oh please. While our hardware is better, I doubt these new consoles will be hampering our experiences in any way now that porting will be so much easier. The RAM limit of the older consoles was the main constraint and that is drastically improved this time around. Our pc's aren't multitudes better right now. Maybe 5 years down the line there might be some compromising going on

And where in my post did I limit my viewpoint to the present? I'm not as small-minded as you.

Sony and Microsoft want their consoles to have a shelf life of 8+ years. You're dreaming or in denial if you think their piddly little toys will be able to run multiplatform games without a laundry list of compromises. Just look at how Battlefield 3 runs on an Xbox 360.

Battlefield 3 requires 2 GB of ram for PC, Xbox only has 512mb shared between Vram/System and with the high texture pack, it's not a massive difference between the two. At least in a photo, in game is different
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#19DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/24/2013 9:23:37 PM
Javelin posted...

And look how little those 'compromises' affected the pc version. You'd be surprised at just how few pc gamers have high end gear like the majority on this board. You can't design a game for the absolute best pc hardware. Compromises are made all the time. Hell even our juggernaut 'Star Citizen' will be run on todays equipment and thats 2-3 years away from completion.

Consoles are not anywhere near as gimped as you make them out to be. You're incredibly simple minded to think so. RAM is the only thing we need to worry about right now and next gen has that covered. Yes even in 8 years, consoles won't be making 100x the compromises. Such a foolish suggestion.
---
#20GoIrish80Posted 9/24/2013 9:32:58 PM
Of course they've already "maxed" the PS4/XB1 versions before release, because they make their games for PC first and then port them to consoles. Not the other way around.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2