This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CD Projekt RED claiming they've already maxed on the PS4/XB1 before release

#31neroAngeloPosted 9/25/2013 5:02:43 AM
What a ridiculous statement. Prime95 can max out your CPU. Yes, YOURS! Must mean your CPU is garbage.
---
PSWii360 - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#32Orestes417Posted 9/25/2013 5:11:32 AM
Some people need to worry less about hardware numbers and more about play experience. All the graphical fidelity in the world means jack if the gameplay isn't up to par, as anyone who suffered through the last half of Crysis could tell you.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#33ATARIJAWAPosted 9/25/2013 5:30:32 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...
And you need to compromise 100x as much for a console.

Oh please. While our hardware is better, I doubt these new consoles will be hampering our experiences in any way now that porting will be so much easier. The RAM limit of the older consoles was the main constraint and that is drastically improved this time around. Our pc's aren't multitudes better right now. Maybe 5 years down the line there might be some compromising going on but until then, stop with the unnecessary drivel.

You realize the Ps4's cores run at 1.8 ghz and it's cpu is paired with a laptop gpu as an APU right?
It's seriously weak and the xbox one is weaker. This coming gen is far, far weaker against a mid range gaming pc of 2013 than the ps3 and the 360 were against the mid range gaming pcs of 2005/2006. It's not even close. I don't know where everyone got the idea that the new consoles are so powerful. They only seem that way because the last gen lasted so long, so yes it's a big step up from the old consoles, but they are going to fall behind way faster than last gen. It shouldn't be surprising. Don't look at the hype, look at the actual sad hardware that's in these things.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#34vashtrichamPosted 9/25/2013 5:48:23 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

Oh please. While our hardware is better, I doubt these new consoles will be hampering our experiences in any way now that porting will be so much easier. The RAM limit of the older consoles was the main constraint and that is drastically improved this time around. Our pc's aren't multitudes better right now. Maybe 5 years down the line there might be some compromising going on but until then, stop with the unnecessary drivel.

You realize the Ps4's cores run at 1.8 ghz and it's cpu is paired with a laptop gpu as an APU right?
It's seriously weak and the xbox one is weaker. This coming gen is far, far weaker against a mid range gaming pc of 2013 than the ps3 and the 360 were against the mid range gaming pcs of 2005/2006. It's not even close. I don't know where everyone got the idea that the new consoles are so powerful. They only seem that way because the last gen lasted so long, so yes it's a big step up from the old consoles, but they are going to fall behind way faster than last gen. It shouldn't be surprising. Don't look at the hype, look at the actual sad hardware that's in these things.

Apparently you never heard that a close system specs are not equal to pc specs . You can squeeze much more out of ps4 then you could ever dream of with the same specs in a pc
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#35SinisterSlayPosted 9/25/2013 5:50:54 AM
vashtricham posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

Apparently you never heard that a close system specs are not equal to pc specs . You can squeeze much more out of ps4 then you could ever dream of with the same specs in a pc

Even if we assume what you say is true (it isn't)
PC's have significantly more power now. Easily doubling that of the consoles, and will double again every year.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#36vashtrichamPosted 9/25/2013 5:53:53 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
vashtricham posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

Even if we assume what you say is true (it isn't)
PC's have significantly more power now. Easily doubling that of the consoles, and will double again every year.

Yes i am so wrong, play a ps4 game on its own specs on a pc and you would get no where near the optimization and performance that you get with ps4. Closed systems are not directly equal in performance as same spec pc
---
#37ATARIJAWAPosted 9/25/2013 5:56:13 AM
vashtricham posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

I'm well aware of the advantages of a closed system. The PS4 and xbox one are seriously weaker than last gen when compared to a mid range gaming pc of their respective times. The gap this gen will be much wider and PC will outpace the Imuch faster this gen. There's no question or argument. It's fact.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#38vashtrichamPosted 9/25/2013 6:01:31 AM(edited)
ATARIJAWA posted...
vashtricham posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Javelin posted...

I'm well aware of the advantages of a closed system. The PS4 and xbox one are seriously weaker than last gen when compared to a mid range gaming pc of their respective times. The gap this gen will be much wider and PC will outpace the Imuch faster this gen. There's no question or argument. It's fact.

Pc will outpace consoles significantly is opinion not fact. Outpacing It has to do with more then just raw power.
---
#39therickmu25Posted 9/25/2013 6:03:06 AM
If the console generations lasted 4 years instead of 7 this wouldnt be as big of an issue.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#40AJnolPosted 9/25/2013 6:05:11 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Some people need to worry less about hardware numbers and more about play experience. All the graphical fidelity in the world means jack if the gameplay isn't up to par, as anyone who suffered through the last half of Crysis could tell you.

This so much. These arguments need to die.