This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Thief, more on disc DLC

#1SinisterSlayPosted 9/25/2013 8:34:24 AM
http://www.gamespot.com//news/thief-preorders-unlock-bank-heist-mission-6414949?

*shakes head*
A preorder bonus is essentially on disc DLC.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#2Binba442Posted 9/25/2013 8:41:10 AM
:(
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#3SnadadosPosted 9/25/2013 8:43:31 AM
-1 sale.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#4GoIrish80Posted 9/25/2013 8:45:19 AM
They want people to pre-order, thus they give them an incentive to do so. Stop being so obsessed with trying to find things to complain about.

If you want it that bad, then pre-order the stupid game. You're not paying any more for it then you would be if you went out and bought it day 1.

If you haven't noticed, games go on sale rather quickly after release now, a lot. They want to get as many people as they possibly can to pay $60 the first day, they toss some DLC in as an incentive. People in business to make money....wow. What a shock.

Now go ahead, get all butt hurt and rant and rave about how pathetic I am because I disagree with you. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#5SinisterSlay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 8:47:22 AM
GoIrish80 posted...
They want people to pre-order, thus they give them an incentive to do so. Stop being so obsessed with trying to find things to complain about.

If you want it that bad, then pre-order the stupid game. You're not paying any more for it then you would be if you went out and bought it day 1.

If you haven't noticed, games go on sale rather quickly after release now, a lot. They want to get as many people as they possibly can to pay $60 the first day, they toss some DLC in as an incentive. People in business to make money....wow. What a shock.

Now go ahead, get all butt hurt and rant and rave about how pathetic I am because I disagree with you. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Except they have already devalued the game.

First, we know never pre-order a game, people get screwed a lot doing that.

So, by making DLC right off the start, you cut the value of your game by the value of the DLC. 5 dollar DLC? 5 dollars off the price of the game.
So now we all automatically wait for a sale, or for a complete edition because we know it's going to be loaded with DLC.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6anonymous4everPosted 9/25/2013 8:50:04 AM
I'd be more concerned about how another classic franchise has been butchered than nitpicking about on disc DLC.

On disc DLC is here to stay. Deal with it.
#7SinisterSlay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 8:58:05 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
I'd be more concerned about how another classic franchise has been butchered than nitpicking about on disc DLC.

I am dealing with it, they won't get my money now until they make a complete edition.
---
#8dekouPosted 9/25/2013 9:04:14 AM
To me, this says "we don't know if you'll buy our game after reading some reviews".

SinisterSlay posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

I am dealing with it, they won't get my money now until they make a complete edition.

Heh, same here.
#9jake-sfPosted 9/25/2013 9:12:45 AM
I had no intention to get it anyway, but yes, I have a genuine, massive problem with pre-order incentive that are the equivalent of on disc DLC, precisely because I think pre-ordering in the first place nowadays is a completely and utterly stupid move.

Its funny how these things actually make me wait for a sale far away down the road where they include the old pre-order DLC and all the new DLC bullcrap they decided to add.

That is, would I even do that with this game? I doubt it. I expect it to be complete and utter garbage, a massacre of Thief for modernized morons to have a kick at.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#10Treason686Posted 9/25/2013 9:18:35 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
http://www.gamespot.com//news/thief-preorders-unlock-bank-heist-mission-6414949?

*shakes head*
A preorder bonus is essentially on disc DLC.

No, it isn't.

If the DLC was completed after the game was shipped, it isn't on disc DLC. On disc DLC has to be on the disc. Durrrr
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h