This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Calling it now

#21GoldninjaPosted 9/26/2013 11:47:38 AM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
Goldninja posted...
JKatarn posted...
T3H_SECRET posted...
Sharing them drugs with the rest of us?

Lol, I couldn't have said it better myself. It will be Christmas in h*** before you see a Nintendo property on a non-Nintendo platform - their IP is what allows them to stay in the hardware game, they'd be foolish to give that up.

The CD-I says hello

What is this, 1991?

He didn't say when. :P
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#22x_stevey_xPosted 9/26/2013 11:49:28 AM
3ds > pc .. why would nintendo join steam?
#23NicodimusPosted 9/26/2013 11:51:51 AM
JKatarn posted...
It will be Christmas in h*** before you see a Nintendo property on a non-Nintendo platform - their IP is what allows them to stay in the hardware game

Being in the console business isn't all that profitable these days. I would not be surprised at all if the Wii U is the last console Nintendo ever produces, and they go to 100% software. They would probably stay in the handheld business until it becomes a little less profitable, but if they can sell their IPs on all platforms, it would almost certainly make more money than making a Wii UU or whatever stupid name they would call it to confuse consumers and only making games for that.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#24BogePosted 9/26/2013 4:09:44 PM
Nicodimus posted...
JKatarn posted...
It will be Christmas in h*** before you see a Nintendo property on a non-Nintendo platform - their IP is what allows them to stay in the hardware game

Being in the console business isn't all that profitable these days. I would not be surprised at all if the Wii U is the last console Nintendo ever produces, and they go to 100% software. They would probably stay in the handheld business until it becomes a little less profitable, but if they can sell their IPs on all platforms, it would almost certainly make more money than making a Wii UU or whatever stupid name they would call it to confuse consumers and only making games for that.

Yeah. That would be cool, having Nintendos games on whatever platform. But as I said above, it would be sad because I don't see any other companies trying to evolve our gaming experience like Nintendo is. If they just go software, we'll be stuck with boring gamepads and flat TVs for another 30 years.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#25cloakedboltzPosted 9/26/2013 4:14:55 PM
Nintendo should consider it, but I think they will try to do their own thing, they are kinda old fashioned especially with the online experience.