This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First time buying a pre-built computer. (AVATAR)

#1HarryMaySinPosted 9/25/2013 2:44:03 PM
Hello all, I know a lot of people dont like buying pre-built computers, and neither did I until i was put on a budget and really wanted a gaming pc instead of using my laptop.

I bought an open box AVATAR computer from newegg for 507 bucks (free shipping)

SPECS:
AMD FX 6100 @ 3.5 GHZ
16 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
Geforce 640 2 GB
Windows 8 64-Bit

I love it so far, i plugged it in and everything works so well. Havent even had it for an hour and already playing WoW with much better performance than i thought!

for 500 bucks I think this will last me awhile, until i go back to work and make some real money I'll be satisfied with this thing. I am only planning on buying a new GPU/PSU to increase the performance and I am not really an extreme gamer ( i play most of my games on a 60 inch LED tv so i dont really need 32X AA 32X AF) so my upgrade cost will be less than 300 total.

I think I got a great deal, and I like windows 8 so far. Its very smooth, fast and easy to get used to.

It came built really well, nothing is lose, no rattles, HDMI port on graphics card, hooked up to my TV and looks beautiful.

Overall, Id have to say I could have maybe bought all the parts and built it myself for 40 dollars cheaper but screw it, I just wanted something fast and reliable and I got what i wanted!

I hope the rest of you are having a great day, and if anyone else is looking to buy a decent pre-buit PC I would give AVATAR a shot.
#2MasterDonGeroPosted 9/25/2013 2:46:28 PM
That thing is s***. Glad it's good enough for you, though.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#3SinisterSlayPosted 9/25/2013 2:49:12 PM
With a new PSU and GPU, it would be not bad.

Not great, but not bad.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4daemon_danPosted 9/25/2013 2:49:13 PM
I'm glad that all you tried so far has been WoW, a decade old game with graphics that are basically from that time. More recent/demanding games would not run well at all on that graphics card. And the FX 6100 is pretty weak. If you don't plan to play anything more demanding, then cool. You won't even have to buy a new card if you don't want to play more demanding games. If you do, then you will need to upgrade the GPU as soon as you can
---
Bekness is more amazing than any game ever <3
#5HarryMaySin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 2:58:50 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
That thing is s***. Glad it's good enough for you, though.

Thanks bro, appreciate the input hahah.

Like i said, im not an extreme gamer. Im playing dead space 2 on my TV and it looks great, way better than the xbox version.
#6HarryMaySin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 3:00:09 PM
For 500 dollars do you guys think I could have built a monstrous computer that can play crysis 5 on real life graphic settings?
#7daemon_danPosted 9/25/2013 3:05:33 PM
HarryMaySin posted...
For 500 dollars do you guys think I could have built a monstrous computer that can play crysis 5 on real life graphic settings?

Not sure if trolling or just ignorant
---
Bekness is more amazing than any game ever <3
#8DerPancakePosted 9/25/2013 3:10:17 PM
Add me on Steam (username on bottom). Lets see how well your PC can run Crysis 2. Yes I will give it to you for free.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#9redrum187Posted 9/25/2013 9:43:28 PM
HarryMaySin posted...
so my upgrade cost will be less than 300 total.

get a good power supply and a AMD Radeon HD7950. that will fit in you budget and you will get free amd never settle bundle games as well.
---
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...
#10ATARIJAWAPosted 9/25/2013 11:10:53 PM
That's a multimedia level GPU. It's not even a gaming gpu.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105