This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens to Origin is the Steambox is a success?

#11KaiRyusakiPosted 9/25/2013 2:40:23 PM
SteamOS: DRM to use a DRM program
#12Marioface5Posted 9/25/2013 2:57:40 PM
Nothing will happen to Origin as a result of Valve's pre-builts being successful. They're not limited, which is one thing I can give them credit for, meaning that you can do anything with it that you could normally do with a computer without it trying to stop you. That includes using Origin with it.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#13spardasiegPosted 9/25/2013 4:41:05 PM
Origin OS obviously.
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)
#14claytonbuckleyPosted 9/25/2013 5:04:38 PM
Origin will remain the same. I've had to say this in a few topics now, one of the features of SteamOS will be Streaming games from your good PC to the SteamOS Pc in your living room. So you will still need your good PC, and that PC will still need Origin for Origin games.
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#15ConkerPosted 9/25/2013 5:05:17 PM
spardasieg posted...
Origin OS obviously.

Was going to say this.

I feel like Steam and Origin are just going to become platforms like PlayStation and Xbox, with the ability to install your own OS, play PC games rather than exclusives, and of course choose your own specs.

Imagine if MSFT had just done this s*** 10 years ago with the Xbox. Exclusive console games with the ability to choose your specs, install Windows and play PC games. It wouldn't even have been that hard and consumers would love them for it. Instead they do s*** like GFWL and other trash.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!