This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good indie RPG's of the free kind I'm missing?

#11MagnemightPosted 9/25/2013 7:20:44 PM
KCGemini posted...
Maiken100 posted...
Try Megaman X Streetfighter.

Megaman Unlimited is much better.

both of those games are horrible RPGs
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#12rpgianPosted 9/25/2013 7:54:33 PM
Barkley was fun.

I used to love indies like that. Ton's of them exist to sort through but off my mind here is some seperated from the chaff.

Exit fate (suikoden fan made actually much better than suikoden 1/2 to me)
Last scenario (good art, card game is as good if not better than ff8)

Those two are at scf works (google it) need rpgmaker rtp to play.

There is a rather long and detailed game called Everlong I believe. Not so pretty but nice quality to it and well long.

Dhux's Scar is a good one. Pretty unique and dark. Rather short but its quality.

Chrono Resurrection/Revival? The one that got "shutdown". I played the one that was almost entirely done on my psp a long time ago and it was quite good from what I played. Not up to the news on it but it exists if your accustomed to searching for such things.

Plenty more things on rpgmaker website. Most of its junk but most of the Chrono Trigger and Super Mario rpg, mario/luigi stuff is good. Just search by rating and completed only to avoid large pile of empty.

Eternal eden, Dawns light 1/2, Deadly Sin 2, Skyborn are good ones from the commercial rpg generally crap pile

Arcruz for a flashie, plenty more like that on places like kong.

Legend of queen opala is a good freebie if you want a p@rn game. It's pretty rare for those to have any polish or merit in gameplay whatsoever. I'm assuming your old enough as I don't think any real young people could look past the graphical lackings of a game like barkley to have some real fun out it. Especially here on pc.

Thats pretty much what I remember being worth the plays on free indies.
#13KCGeminiPosted 9/25/2013 8:25:44 PM
Magnemight posted...
KCGemini posted...
Maiken100 posted...
Try Megaman X Streetfighter.

Megaman Unlimited is much better.

both of those games are horrible RPGs

Indeed.

For actual indie RPG's, I would look at NetHack or Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
Fair warning though, as they are both quite challenging.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#14OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 9:58:01 PM
thanks for the tips on the games, those first two you posted look pretty good, The only thing I could find in the way of everlong was about 2000 pages about the Foo Fighters song called Everlong lol.

Will check out the other ones, also going to head over to the RPGmaker site and see if anything else looks good over there.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#15Golden_GonadsPosted 9/26/2013 7:01:25 AM
Exile 1, 2 and 3 by Spiderweb software are very good games (Well 2 & 3 are, 1 is a bit too basic, especially these days) in the style of Ultima 4 (Also free), 5 & 6.
#16AlexTheNextOnePosted 9/26/2013 7:14:39 AM
Why does it need to be indie? Wouldn't a plain ol' good RPG suffice?
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#17FeatherwindPosted 9/26/2013 7:30:14 AM
Exile 3

Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst isn't indie but it's completely free. Overall I like it but it's really quirky and probably the consolest PC exclusive ever.

Pokemon Showdown is a great PvP game with RPG mechanics.
#18OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:42:19 AM
AlexTheNextOne posted...

Indie = independently published, if a game has a real publisher odds are it wouldn't be free.

That PSO Blue Burst looks pretty good, have a link to the site for it, tried to google and the first 3 or 4 results had the red X's next to them. Typically avoid the sites with red or yellow X's. Was a huge fan of the old PSO games.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#19NicodimusPosted 9/26/2013 10:56:17 AM(edited)
Star Control 2. It's kind of like Star Trek/Mass Effect had a baby. You have various dialogue choices, meet lots of other races, upgrade your starship, etc.

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#20FeatherwindPosted 9/26/2013 12:01:23 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
AlexTheNextOne posted...

Indie = independently published, if a game has a real publisher odds are it wouldn't be free.

That PSO Blue Burst looks pretty good, have a link to the site for it, tried to google and the first 3 or 4 results had the red X's next to them. Typically avoid the sites with red or yellow X's. Was a huge fan of the old PSO games.

http://www.schtserv.com/