This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SteamOS vs HDMI cable for PC?

#21SlaynPosted 9/26/2013 4:01:45 AM
LordSeifer posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

But SteamOS is free, and free>$5

might want to check your math

Ahhhhhhhhhhh haahahahahaha
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#22CallmegePosted 9/26/2013 4:02:20 AM
HDMI is such a horrible standard. Even VGA has vastly superior image clarity. I don't see why they couldn't just have tacked a 3.5mm audio jack onto a DVI cable and made that the HD standard.

Oh that's right. DRM.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#23wizardmonPosted 9/26/2013 4:06:42 AM
Callmege posted...
HDMI is such a horrible standard. Even VGA has vastly superior image clarity. I don't see why they couldn't just have tacked a 3.5mm audio jack onto a DVI cable and made that the HD standard.

Oh that's right. DRM.

Actually, HDMI has the same image quality as DVI and Displayport, because it's Digital.

It's VGA that's fuzzy.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#24CallmegePosted 9/26/2013 7:34:20 AM
wizardmon posted...
Callmege posted...

Oh that's right. DRM.

Actually, HDMI has the same image quality as DVI and Displayport, because it's Digital.

It's VGA that's fuzzy.

No. Trust me. I have a laptop hooked up to an HDTV. During the day I use HDMI and at night I use VGA and a headset so as not to disturb the neighbours. I have 2 HDMI cables, one a cheap one from game and the other a slightly more expensive one I ordered from ebuyer. VGA trashes both cables (there's actually no difference in clarity between the two) on not just that TV but the HDTV at my mother's house too (I wanted to make sure there wasnt some fault with the HDMI ports on my tv).

If you want proof I will happily go and take photos (as a screen shot will look identical regardless).
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#25ChetyrePosted 9/26/2013 7:44:34 AM
You don't need dual boot if you use a Virtual Machine with VGA passthrough. That is what I do with windows anyway
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#26youngfossilPosted 9/26/2013 7:44:51 AM
Callmege posted...
wizardmon posted...
Callmege posted...

Oh that's right. DRM.

It's VGA that's fuzzy.

No. Trust me. I have a laptop hooked up to an HDTV. During the day I use HDMI and at night I use VGA and a headset so as not to disturb the neighbours. I have 2 HDMI cables, one a cheap one from game and the other a slightly more expensive one I ordered from ebuyer. VGA trashes both cables (there's actually no difference in clarity between the two) on not just that TV but the HDTV at my mother's house too (I wanted to make sure there wasnt some fault with the HDMI ports on my tv).

If you want proof I will happily go and take photos (as a screen shot will look identical regardless).

those might be just your set up/user error. Technically they are they same.
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#27wizardmonPosted 9/26/2013 10:30:21 AM
Callmege posted...
wizardmon posted...
Callmege posted...
Oh that's right. DRM.

It's VGA that's fuzzy.

No. Trust me.

No, I don't trust you.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)