This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$970 for a

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. $970 for a

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#11
PhilOnDez posted...
That's not a $2000 pc, it says in the review that was linked it was a $1000 pc. If it had a decent gpu it would be passable but it doesn't and you can't upgrade it.

Why can't you upgrade? It's a desktop, isn't it?

I mean the computer isn't terrible, but the graphics card is 2 generations back, and even 2 generations ago, wasn't that great.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#12
TimePharaoh posted...
It's alienware. It's never a good deal
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
3 years ago#13
One whole 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia? Get dat **** now!
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#14
It would cost $2000 on Alienware because it would be a current model... that thing you're looking at on Amazon is at least a year old, perhaps closer to 2 years old.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#15
alienware is never worth it so why bother asking

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
3 years ago#16
What's a GeoForce? Does it detect earthquakes or something?
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#17
mexicannon posted...
ReturnOfSocks posted...
Never buy used computers.

It's not used

OK. So it's not used, it's still discontinued according to Newegg, and has a crap GPU with 1GB of VRAM.

You probably can't upgrade the GPU even though it's a desktop. It looks like a slimline case, you will need a slimline GPU to fit in there and there aren't many worthwhile ones, if any.
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#18
Slayn posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
That's not a $2000 pc, it says in the review that was linked it was a $1000 pc. If it had a decent gpu it would be passable but it doesn't and you can't upgrade it.

Why can't you upgrade? It's a desktop, isn't it?

I mean the computer isn't terrible, but the graphics card is 2 generations back, and even 2 generations ago, wasn't that great.

Because that's about the most powerful GPU you can get without a PSU upgrade and you can't upgrade the PSU either. Kepler is a bit more energy efficient than fermi but if a game won't run on the 555 it probably won't run on a 6xx or 7xx with comparable draw either. The PSU on that machine is limited to the point where that system uses Optimus to keep it from burning out prematurely.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Pyrotechnixxx

Pyrotechnixxx
3 years ago#19
You're better off buying a Lenovo Y series at that price range.
Fear is a leash.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. $970 for a

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived