This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can this power a gtx770?

#11Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 5:54:01 AM
aak57 posted...
I dunno how much physx matters to you, but you could always get a 7970 instead since they have 3GB of VRAM and can be had around $300.

I looked into that as well, (not trying to start a war) but the last AMD card I have (4850) seemed to have driver issues. It would randomly just drop video signal to a black screen for a few seconds and pick back up periodically. After a while they released a driver that seemed to fix it but I am still kind of leery of that.

I also really enjoy the physx effects on several games.
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#12Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 5:55:17 AM
Shub posted...
4 GB would last you longer basically. Some games are already starting to use more than 2 GB, but they are few currently.

Would you personally go with the 4gb Gigabyte windforce, or this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130945

I'm sure both are great, but some companies are better than others if there is a problem.
---
#13ShubPosted 9/26/2013 6:01:21 AM
I've used Gigabyte cards for years and never had a problem but EVGA is also a good company. It boils down to customer service and I guess EVGA has a better reputation on that side of things.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#14SnadadosPosted 9/26/2013 6:06:01 AM
If you plan to run two of the cards in SLI some time down the road you'd want to get the 4 gig version.

Long story short if you have 2 cards each with 2gigs of ram your computer will only use 2gigs of ram and a pair of 770s in SLI should be powerful enough to last to a point where 2gigs of ram just isn't enough.
Both cards need to be 4gig cards to use 4gigs of ram.
If you mix a 4gig version and a 2gig version your computer will run as if there were only 2gigs of ram.

Unless I googled wrong, it does seem your motherboard supports SLI and Crossfire.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#15Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 6:09:58 AM
Snadados posted...
If you plan to run two of the cards in SLI some time down the road you'd want to get the 4 gig version.

Long story short if you have 2 cards each with 2gigs of ram your computer will only use 2gigs of ram and a pair of 770s in SLI should be powerful enough to last to a point where 2gigs of ram just isn't enough.
Both cards need to be 4gig cards to use 4gigs of ram.
If you mix a 4gig version and a 2gig version your computer will run as if there were only 2gigs of ram.

Unless I googled wrong, it does seem your motherboard supports SLI and Crossfire.

Yeah my board does support it. Honestly though, I probably won't run SLI. I'm still thinking about going the 4gb route, because why not haha. No downsides that I know of and it may future proof it for a little while longer!
---