This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

governments trying to control the internet again.

#1blueheart100Posted 9/26/2013 8:29:56 AM
It's seems trying to start ipp trade or something. Basically, it would have a 3 strikes rule and if you're caught you can never go online again is what I gathered. Here's the link below for more information. Could anyone please sign this petition and get the world out?
https://openmedia.org/censorship
---
Yes, I'm a woman and love video games.
#2Enigma149Posted 9/26/2013 8:33:32 AM
You know, I might pay attention to these internet censorship petitions if they actually listed what was going to happen instead of using sensationalist rhetoric. Something as simple as, "If this passes, _______ would become a felony," would suffice.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#3steveboblarryPosted 9/26/2013 8:36:30 AM(edited)
Welp looks like Iam moving to poland one day.
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#4HypnoCooshPosted 9/26/2013 8:35:30 AM
Why stop at one petition? There are plenty.

https://www.google.com/webhp?safe=strict#q=tpp+petition&safe=strict
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#5HypnoCooshPosted 9/26/2013 8:36:25 AM
Enigma149 posted...
You know, I might pay attention to these internet censorship petitions if they actually listed what was going to happen instead of using sensationalist rhetoric. Something as simple as, "If this passes, _______ would become a felony," would suffice.

Pretty sure whatever they are planning to do is not transparent to us. So that's really the main issue as you pointed out.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#6SinisterSlayPosted 9/26/2013 8:36:57 AM
I don't understand how democratic governments are allowed to make laws that the people don't want.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7Bikes-Posted 9/26/2013 8:38:18 AM
2 major flaws I can think of.
1. Public internet, not everything can be blocked so schools and libraries would be without internet in no time xD
2. No ISP would willingly kick off it's customers, it would lead to a massive crash depending on how strict it is, casual piracy is incredibly common especially with younger generations, who hasn't gotten a few songs or caught up on tv shows on a less than reputable site these days.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#8CC RicersPosted 9/26/2013 8:39:27 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
I don't understand how democratic governments are allowed to make laws that the people don't want.

The US isn't a true democracy but a democratic republic. We have the power to elect representatives for us but the downside is that they feel entitled to do whatever the hell they want.

I wouldn't want a direct democracy anyways, we are too knee-jerk in decisions during bad times.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#9GoldninjaPosted 9/26/2013 8:40:57 AM
The question is, when is the government not trying to control the internet?
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#10steveboblarryPosted 9/26/2013 8:41:37 AM
Goldninja posted...
The question is, when is the government not trying to control the internet?

Lol, did anyone watch the South park last night
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad