This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamepads with some games

#1HanfengLinPosted 9/26/2013 10:25:14 AM
So, I'm trying out CV LoS UE and TMNT Shadows, and the gamepad I currently have is basically getting told LAWLNOPE.

I THINK it is at least logitech, and it works fine for most of the games on my PC, but TMNT doesn't like it.

Do I NEED a 360-like controller like the gamepad menu shows? Does MotionInJoy actually translate over?
#2ElDudorinoPosted 9/26/2013 10:33:12 AM
I think MotionInJoy would do it but it might not be necessary.

Try using x360ce (XBOX 360 Controller Emulator). It tells Windows that your gamepad is an Xbox controller, and you can map the controls differently for different games and just pop the customized .ini file into that game's base directory.

Might do the trick.
#3HanfengLin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:37:20 AM
I'll have to give that a shot.

I was also just looking at 360-like controllers, since we now have 360-like gamepads that are "for" Windows and then just plain 360 controllers.
#4Ch3wyPosted 9/26/2013 10:38:52 AM
HanfengLin posted...

I was also just looking at 360-like controllers, since we now have 360-like gamepads that are "for" Windows and then just plain 360 controllers.

The only difference between those is that the wireless ones come with a wireless adapter. Any wired 360 controller is plug and play.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5HanfengLin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:49:15 AM
Ch3wy posted...
HanfengLin posted...

The only difference between those is that the wireless ones come with a wireless adapter. Any wired 360 controller is plug and play.

The 360-likes that were "for" PC were wired tho. So, I take it there is no inherent difference between the 360-like "PC" controller and the 360-actual controller besides the 360-like being..unusable on the 360?

Otherwise, what is the point of the price variance, which is pretty damn high considering.
#6Ch3wyPosted 9/26/2013 10:54:19 AM
HanfengLin posted...
Ch3wy posted...
HanfengLin posted...

The 360-likes that were "for" PC were wired tho. So, I take it there is no inherent difference between the 360-like "PC" controller and the 360-actual controller besides the 360-like being..unusable on the 360?

Otherwise, what is the point of the price variance, which is pretty damn high considering.

I didn't know there was a price difference between the wired types, but there really is no difference. They should both work on both the 360 and PC. If they're wired the only thing different is the packaging.

Even the wireless ones work on both, you just need the adapter for PC.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7HanfengLin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:59:17 AM
I'll give one of them a shot after tinkering with that 360-faker program.
#8HanfengLin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 11:16:45 AM
360ce seems to work alright. My gamepad swapped the left stick and d-pad tho, for now. Kind of a pain.

Thanks guys!
#9GoldninjaPosted 9/27/2013 11:23:32 AM
This looks like a job for...

http://cdn2.store.steampowered.com/public/images/promo/livingroom/rljKewyz3M/controller.jpg
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#10ElDudorinoPosted 9/27/2013 12:50:02 PM
You should be able to swap them back by re-mapping them. You can map any function to any other function, I think.