This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't understand why you want to move gaming to the living room

#21BogePosted 9/26/2013 4:14:08 PM
I don't think it's so much the "living room", but rather a more comfortable and casual setting, couch/recliner and easy to use controls for that sitting. Unfortunately, using a mouse in that sitting isn't that grand, so we get stuck with gamepads. Even more unfortunate is that analog sticks completely SUCK for precision. I don't want to become forced to use a gamepad for gaming. We'll lose a bunch of genres that won't play well with a gamepad, like strategy games and MMOs. Precision will go out the window and we'll all become forced to use auto aiming like console games so we can actually hit something.

It's just not a good setup. We REALLY REALLY need a new control system before going into the "living room".
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#22ctrl_alt_de1337Posted 9/26/2013 4:14:38 PM
Jenfromwin posted...
Lets face it if you are not a casual gamer your going to have a headset and mic and playing mulitplayer online. Whats the point of doing that in the living room?

Single player games are few and far between and the ones that are out are very short only a few hours long. Just don't get why the rush to be in the living room is.

Simple solution:

Don't like it? Don't buy it.
#23_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/26/2013 4:14:47 PM
Depends on the person and situation. I have had some of the most fun playing games with my buddies in the living room, even though most of the time, I am by myself, and would prefer to just sit behind my desk. I even have my console connected to the PC monitor.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#24Jenfromwin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:52:38 AM
Stop reading after you listed DOTA 2 as a single player game.

Half of those games you listed don't work with a controller so no point in being in the living room with big picture mode.
#25nameless0101Posted 9/27/2013 8:20:38 AM
Jenfromwin posted...

Half of those games you listed don't work with a controller so no point in being in the living room with big picture mode.

There is such thing as AI in DOTA if someone really wants to play it single player.

Besides have you never heard of a wireless KB\M, it's not difficult to play on a TV in your living room using them.

Playing in a living room with BIg Picture doesn't automatically mean your using a controller.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#26Hi CPosted 9/27/2013 8:31:38 AM
Because American corporations have always had this delusional image of the typical American family having no less than 4-5 children, living in $1m+ homes, where every night 7-10 people crowd around the dinner table and the living room after to watch American idol and "do things that families do".

You see it in every TV show involving a family, every commercial, everything.

Obsession with the living room has stop because this just isn't reality.
---
You'll be my John G.
#27KillerTrufflePosted 9/27/2013 8:49:59 AM(edited)
Jenfromwin posted...

Couldn't come up with any decent arguments so you went the typical console troll route, eh? I didn't list DOTA 2 *as* a single-player game - I listed it as a game I have *played* single-player in the past year. Note the difference? It functions just fine in SP without having to deal with the headaches of the angry little 6-year-olds that play it online.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#28JohnMafiaPosted 9/27/2013 9:23:49 AM
Only multiplayer I do is co-op stuff like Borderlands 2 or MMO's. I must not be a gamer, but a bird like a pheasant.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1173050/wilson-cruz.gif
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28790-0508f1032d1c7d.gif
#29Jenfromwin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 9:25:13 AM
Nevermind you guys and gals missed my whole point.
#30PraetorXynPosted 9/27/2013 9:31:18 AM
Steambox isn't targeting PC gamers, it's targeting console gamers.

Personally if I wanted living room gaming, I'd buy wireless HDMI for $200 and use that rather than buy the Steambox for whatever it costs.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9