This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is State of Decay worth it right now?

#1HaxnStashPosted 9/26/2013 1:08:05 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a 360 controller so that will not be a problem. The game has what I'm looking for. I played 1 hour of it on a friend's house and I liked what I played.

My question is, can I play the game on my own pace or does it force me to finish it as soon as possible? That's what I hated about Dead Rising. Since I plan on gathering and exploring everything in the game especially survivors and possibly maxing what I can before I get tired of it

Thank you.
#2CaspernomnomPosted 9/26/2013 1:15:15 PM
Worth it now great game although it doesnt support Mouse and keyboard atm
#3CatToyPosted 9/26/2013 1:20:07 PM
There is no hurry to finish the main story missions, you can do that at your leisure. Side missions are generated based on the goings on of the world. If you get a mission to save someone and you ignore it, they will probably die, and death is permanent.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4TheFeshPincePosted 9/26/2013 1:21:45 PM
I want to buy it just for something new to play, but I'm going to wait for a sale.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#5Binba442Posted 9/26/2013 1:23:10 PM
I'd say no. It's unfinished. Wait until it actually releases for the best experience.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#6AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/26/2013 1:29:52 PM
Binba442 posted...
I'd say no. It's unfinished. Wait until it actually releases for the best experience.

Besides mouse and keyboard support the game is basically the xbox version. Pretty much done.
#7ibanez_rocker06Posted 9/26/2013 1:39:17 PM
If you're ok playing with a 360 pad and don't mind a few framerate drops or bugs then I'd say go ahead and get it. Like another poster said, if you wait too long to complete side quests you will fail them.
#8HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 1:41:33 PM(edited)
CatToy posted...
There is no hurry to finish the main story missions, you can do that at your leisure. Side missions are generated based on the goings on of the world. If you get a mission to save someone and you ignore it, they will probably die, and death is permanent.

Thanks, I'm liking what I'm reading so far. I have a wired 360 controller and I'm comfortable with it. Though I'm not sure in terms of gunplay since I've always used a mouse for shooting.

So every new game you play is different? Everything is randomized (except for the story mission)? The survivors are randomly generated too?

ibanez_rocker06 posted...
If you're ok playing with a 360 pad and don't mind a few framerate drops or bugs then I'd say go ahead and get it. Like another poster said, if you wait too long to complete side quests you will fail them.

I won't run out of sidequests to do though right? I plan on doing every sidequest that pops up. I'm ok with that as long as it will not affect the main story mission. Like say someone dies if I wait too long to do the next story mission etc.
#9ape51Posted 9/26/2013 1:41:14 PM
I'd like to pick it up, but gta5 is sucking up all my game time. I might be able wait till the fall sale, to see if it does on sale, but I've definitely had my eye on it since it came out on 360.
#10Lemur_HPosted 9/26/2013 2:14:51 PM
I would wait and see if modders pick the game up.

The bulk of the gameplay is taking supplies back to base, pointless main missions, and the annoying "Help, I left the compound and now I'm going to die." There are also little side missions to destroy hordes & infestations, or connect with another group to make a trade... But it still isn't enough.