This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is State of Decay worth it right now?

#11HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 6:29:57 AM
I couldn't wait anymore so I decided to get it and holy crap, it's awesome.

It's exactly the type of zombie survival game I've been looking for. Reminds me a lot of the walking dead series (not the game) and I've always wanted to play that type of series.
#12Logical_OnePosted 9/27/2013 6:57:30 AM
Lemur_H posted...
I would wait and see if modders pick the game up.

The bulk of the gameplay is taking supplies back to base, pointless main missions, and the annoying "Help, I left the compound and now I'm going to die." There are also little side missions to destroy hordes & infestations, or connect with another group to make a trade... But it still isn't enough.

QFT.

The first 3 hours were a lot of fun but I soon realized that the first 3 hours represent the whole game. The game is entirely too easy (unless you're on foot with 2-3 hordes) and the combat is kind of clunky. The map is TINY IMO. At first I was really excited in map view--it seems quite large but when you start to hoof it you realize that everything is so close.

Also, the whole persistent world deal is rather irritating--leave for the day only to come back tomorrow and have 2 survivors dead and no food.

Lastly, if you're not willing to put time in to do repetitive missions (find the survivor, clear the horde, pick up supplies) then the story mode is REALLY short. 20 or so missions and some of them are as simple as walk/drive somewhere--see something happen--drive back to base.

The game is OK but not worth $20 IMHO.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#13snesmaster40Posted 9/27/2013 7:27:19 AM
Keyboard and mouse support is there, but you can't rebind keys and all the prompts are xbox controller ones.

It's a pretty good game, but just like the 360 version time passes when you're not playing. Might find it annoying as you'll come back to see that your survivors don't do much without you, the player.
---
Are we not men?
#14XialohPosted 10/2/2013 12:52:06 AM
Was looking at this as well. At first when I read the whole no multiplayer thing, I laughed and decided I wouldn't touch it. But it looks like it could have some appeal after all.

However, there's so many other zombie survival games being developed now that I don't know what to go with anymore >_>.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game