This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam + old game + windows 7?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam + old game + windows 7?

User Info: SuperVegito2487

SuperVegito2487
3 years ago#1
I would like to play star wars KOTOR 2, but since last time i tried it on a 360 with a library edition it crashed on a forest moon IIRC, and id like to try that mod that seems to change alot about the game, AND im not a massive fan of the gameplay but i like the story and dialouge so pc version is also kinda necessary for save edits.

So yeah im just wondering, IF i bought this on steam would these specs (laptop) be able to run it, without crashing constantly during load scenes?

i7 2,2 2770QM

radeon 6770m hd 2 gb

8gb ram

windows 7 home premium
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
3 years ago#2
You'll be fine.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif

SuperVegito2487
3 years ago#3
i sure as hell hope so because wit the copy i borrowed from a friend it seems like crash ratio for load screens is 75/25... which is not good.

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
3 years ago#4
Obsidian saw into the future and built Kotor 2 to run on tri-sli Titans. I'm afraid you're doomed.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

SuperVegito2487
3 years ago#5
theres no need to be a jerk about it.

its really worrysome since i have had some incredibly annoying issues with the first game and windows 7.

1, cant run it windowed
2, cant run it full res and when i try using flawless widescreen everything goes to hell i have to "use" 1280x1024 i believe with native res at 1920x1080... and NO it doesnt fill out, which was even more annoying to begin with where i couldnt run it higher than 800 by 600... no stretching out, thats really tiny and f**** annoying.

User Info: Xeno_Predator

Xeno_Predator
3 years ago#6
With an Nvidia card I can play it on Windows 7 just fine (both windowed and fullscreen). I can also stretch it to fill the whole screen (default settings) but I don't since that distorts the image so I set the GPU to render at native ratio and run it at 1280 x 1024 on my 1920 x 1080 screen (black bars fill the gaps). There's a widescreen "patch" for it called uniws (search on google) that used to work until I got a new laptop and it didn't work any more for some reason.

I would also like to add that installing DarthStoney's restoration mod is completely worth getting it to work.
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.

SuperVegito2487
3 years ago#7
^I was planning on that mod, i think i mentioned that.

User Info: sauruschamp1

sauruschamp1
3 years ago#8
Try following this guide it has a bunch of different fixes for adding content and makeing it run on modern screen resolutions and a bunch of other things.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_%E2%80%93_The_Sith_Lords
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
(message deleted)

SuperVegito2487
3 years ago#10
the steam version DOES list w7 as useable... so im just gonna wait until monday and buy the damn thing myself..

seriously its more or less EVERY loading screen = crash, and then i read the steam version is the most stable of all the editions.

aside from the mod that adds cut content is there any other recommended mods for this game?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam + old game + windows 7?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived