This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite is a meh/10 right now for me

#1BigB0ss13Posted 9/27/2013 12:27:29 AM
I just got to the part where I am reunited with the super hot girl again after she ran away when I shot that one guy on the phone but this game isn't anything special and it especially doesn't deserve all the praise I remember the game getting when the game first came out. The kinda long wait between combat and non combat, not knowing wtf is going on with the story due to the game's fault(not mine since I always play for story rather than gameplay and I loved every second of MGS series) and how it's being told, etc. is keeping me from liking the game more. Does it get better?
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/27/2013 12:28:57 AM
It's entirely your fault, story is presented in a straight forward manner.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3ShuraYukihimePosted 9/27/2013 1:03:16 AM
The "story" I found more enjoyable to see unfold knowing the ending.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#4jakisthePosted 9/27/2013 1:08:28 AM
It doesn't really get any better.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#5staticxtreme5Posted 9/27/2013 1:11:36 AM
To be honest I found the game kinda mediocre too at parts. It doesn't really get great until the final hours in my opinion. Once it was all said and done Its probably one of my favorite games this console generation, but it does start slow for sure. So yes, it gets better. WAY better.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#6MackorovPosted 9/27/2013 1:23:50 AM
ITT people who have yet to reach the ending of the game, or never bothered doing so
#7jakisthePosted 9/27/2013 1:26:01 AM
Mackorov posted...
ITT people who have yet to reach the ending of the game, or never bothered doing so

Nah, I finished it, understood it just fine, and was still personally wholly underwhelmed.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#8TimePharaohPosted 9/27/2013 1:47:09 AM
Mackorov posted...

Yea brah the story was just 2deep with intense nuanced gameplay I couldn't handle it
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#9Tyranius2Posted 9/27/2013 2:44:19 AM
And yet you have people like DV8ing which probably beat this game twice complain about Half Life's linearity. Even though Bioshock Infinite is a filthy linear game with scenarios smaller than 1994 games.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#10DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/27/2013 2:59:25 AM(edited)
Tyranius2 posted...
And yet you have people like DV8ing which probably beat this game twice complain about Half Life's linearity. Even though Bioshock Infinite is a filthy linear game with scenarios smaller than 1994 games.

Because unlike half life, there was something unique about it. That being the story's ending. That ending made a second play almost necessary. There are so many moments you sort of just let go because you don't see it at first. A second play allowed for some interesting moments and brought clarity to confusion before. It also had much nicer hallways with the illusion of grandeur. Half life 1 had nothing interesting about it (to me).
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1