This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could someone please tell me if this is a good PC for gaming and viable for.....

#1X_ULTIMA_XPosted 9/27/2013 3:11:00 AM
The future?

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/hp/15-inch-notebook-sku-415300/

Now im not interested in "maxing out" my gaming experience by having the best looking graphics possible, but im interested in a laptop that can play pretty much all games and have graphics at least slightly above the ps3/360

Im new to PC gaming in general, been playing consoles for the last 10 years haha. But im interested in getting into it, from what i see this laptop seems pretty good, except for the lack of a blu ray drive (does that even matter, besides watching blu ray movies?) any answers are appreciated. :)
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 9/27/2013 3:16:02 AM
That screen resolution....
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 3:18:01 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
That screen resolution....

Is it no good? Sorry im new to this haha
---
Regards, Dolan
#4SpazH3dPosted 9/27/2013 3:52:59 AM
Laptops are never viable for gaming. We're entering the next gen too, so expect to see some jumps in requirements.

Well I hope at least.
---
- My vision is augmented
#5TimePharaohPosted 9/27/2013 4:04:28 AM
lol
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#6phy2jshPosted 9/27/2013 4:21:33 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Laptops are never viable for gaming.

Bit of a broad statement, don't you think?

TC, you're probably better off starting a topic with your budget and requirements; then people can give you recommendations. If you really don't know much about PCs, there's not much point in picking one randomly and then asking if it is good - could take a while.
#7X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:59:45 AM
phy2jsh posted...
SpazH3d posted...

TC, you're probably better off starting a topic with your budget and requirements; then people can give you recommendations. If you really don't know much about PCs, there's not much point in picking one randomly and then asking if it is good - could take a while.

I dont really have any requirements, my limit is around 1000 bucks. I just want it to do current gen games well, and possibly play next gen games without any problems
---
Regards, Dolan
#8PhilOnDezPosted 9/27/2013 5:00:45 AM
It's barely more powerful than the current consoles. If that's all you're worried about then it's fine. If you want it to last though, highly unlikely. The dedicated gpu is a multimedia card, it's not really meant for gaming meaning almost any game will max it out which will dramatically reduce its lifespan, especially considering that HP is well known for having inadequate cooling systems in place for their laptops. If $450 is your budget you may as well just get a PS4, it will provide a greatly superior experience.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:06:14 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
It's barely more powerful than the current consoles. If that's all you're worried about then it's fine. If you want it to last though, highly unlikely. The dedicated gpu is a multimedia card, it's not really meant for gaming meaning almost any game will max it out which will dramatically reduce its lifespan, especially considering that HP is well known for having inadequate cooling systems in place for their laptops. If $450 is your budget you may as well just get a PS4, it will provide a greatly superior experience.

Budgets around a grand, willing to spend a couple hundred more IF i have to. Something like alienware is to expensive but im interested in other laptops that can do games well.
---
Regards, Dolan
#10phy2jshPosted 9/27/2013 5:08:39 AM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
phy2jsh posted...
SpazH3d posted...

I dont really have any requirements, my limit is around 1000 bucks. I just want it to do current gen games well, and possibly play next gen games without any problems

If you don't have any requirements apart from those (which I doubt), then don't get a laptop. You're being far too vague. For example, if you want to run all next gen games at 1080p at 60fps or above, then you won't be able to do it for $1000.

Perhaps you should check out the PS4 board?