This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well I guess I won't be playing Battlefield on the PC (Thanks a bunch EA)

#1TheChiefWhipPosted 9/27/2013 6:12:42 AM
Making the transition from console to PC for the first time. Was looking forward to playing Battlefield but found out BF3 wasn't on steam & BF4 won't be either but on origin. Being new to the world of PC gaming I looked up origin & see that origin has the popularity of lung cancer.

Everyone has had issues with registering codes, games crashing or not running properly, games you haven't played for 24 months are deleted and so on. I really don't want to install a program that's gonna make my PC dry heave and have major issues on registering the product code, let alone being able to play the ****ing games which have apparently had horrendous running issues & crashes.

Just EA being a d*** about things I guess.
#2ivanwind15Posted 9/27/2013 6:13:07 AM
Ok.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#3DinglesteedPosted 9/27/2013 6:19:05 AM
Really, Origin isn't any "worse" than steam, it's just that EA created it so it automatically sucks. It's not really as bad as people claim it is. Buncha whiny babies I tell you...
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#4steveboblarryPosted 9/27/2013 6:20:30 AM(edited)
And so it begins......

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#5NicodimusPosted 9/27/2013 6:22:49 AM
Well, I've downloaded 2 games from Origin so far, Burnout Paradise and Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3 would not boot until I did some research and found that I had to replace an obscure .dll file that Origin automatically downloaded.

So I'm sitting at a 50% success rate without fixing anything myself. Pretty unimpressive, but it could be that ME3 is the only defective game on Origin and my view is skewed.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#6Dirk85UKPosted 9/27/2013 6:23:38 AM
TheChiefWhip posted...
games you haven't played for 24 months are deleted

Is this true? Once they are deleted, can you re-download them again?
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711
#7-CJF-Posted 9/27/2013 6:29:56 AM(edited)
Just like Dingleseed said, there is a prejudice against Origin. People consider it unnecessary and unoriginal since Steam came first. EA also has a terrible reputation as a company which just makes matters worse. However, there's really nothing wrong with Origin. I still buy everything on Steam whenever possible, but Origin works fine for games which aren't available on Steam.

As for EA deleting Origin games after 24 months, that's sort of true. There is a section in the Terms of Service stating that after 24 months of inactivity, accounts can be deleted. However, I believe Valve has a similar rule in their Terms of Service for Steam stating that it can cancel your account at any time. Just because they can doesn't mean they would.
#8youngfossilPosted 9/27/2013 6:30:14 AM
Dirk85UK posted...
TheChiefWhip posted...
games you haven't played for 24 months are deleted

Is this true? Once they are deleted, can you re-download them again?

no true at all
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#9steveboblarryPosted 9/27/2013 6:31:23 AM
-CJF- posted...
Just like Dingleseed said, there is a prejudice against Origin. People consider it unnecessary and unoriginal since Steam came first. EA also has a terrible reputation as a company which just makes matters worse. However, there's really nothing wrong with Origin. I still buy everything on Steam whenever possible, but Origin works fine for games which aren't available on Steam.

As for EA deleting Origin games after 24 months, that's sort of true. There is a section in the Terms of Service stating that after 24 months of inactivity, accounts can be deleted. However, I believe Valve has a similar rule in their Terms of Service for Steam stating that it can cancel your account at any time. Just because they can doesn't mean they would.

EA needs to step there game up with the origin client
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#10Flaktrooper123Posted 9/27/2013 6:32:24 AM
EA sure already give a bad name for itself. If you don't like them, don't play their games. Don't let your emotions tear you a new one. PC version is still the best despite Origin wrecking its score.