This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well I guess I won't be playing Battlefield on the PC (Thanks a bunch EA)

#11therickmu25Posted 9/27/2013 5:34:05 AM
TC you should really form opinions from your own experiences instead of random internet threads made by people like you that probably have never used it themselves.

Also BF4 launches from the web browser, after you sign into origin you never have to look at it again and it works fine.

It's made by EA and it's not Steam. Those are the totally valid and controversial points
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#12steveboblarryPosted 9/27/2013 5:35:43 AM
therickmu25 posted...
TC you should really form opinions from your own experiences instead of random internet threads made by people like you that probably have never used it themselves.

Also BF4 launches from the web browser, after you sign into origin you never have to look at it again and it works fine.

It's made by EA and it's not Steam. Those are the totally valid and controversial points

Also Ubisoft has a client but unlike EA they still partner with Valve
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#13Ch3wyPosted 9/27/2013 5:39:46 AM
I think Uplay is the best client.

I like how it downloads patches for the games when you launch them and tells you the progress in bytes.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14SlaynPosted 9/27/2013 5:44:38 AM
therickmu25 posted...

Pretty much this. I don't think I had a single problem with Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 2142, or Kingdoms of Amalur.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#15triple sPosted 9/27/2013 5:47:42 AM
I wish everything released on Steam but I did not have one issue.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#16steveboblarryPosted 9/27/2013 5:48:43 AM
triple s posted...
I wish everything released on Steam and GOG but I did not have one issue.

Fixed
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#17DragnfyrPosted 9/27/2013 5:55:20 AM
Origin is functional but just redundant because Steam basically does the same things and more.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.8.5 | Windows 8 Pro
#18claytonbuckleyPosted 9/27/2013 6:00:41 AM
Origin has been been around for a couple years, and compared to how Steam was in the first few years, Origin is amazing.
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#19PhilOnDezPosted 9/27/2013 6:01:39 AM
The only problem I've had out of origin is for one game I had to run both Origin and the game itself as an administrator. Other than that it's been a pretty smooth experience. I've definitely had a lot more trouble out of steam, but then again I use steam a lot more so I guess it evens out.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#20x_stevey_xPosted 9/27/2013 6:10:53 AM
TheChiefWhip posted...
Making the transition from console to PC for the first time. Was looking forward to playing Battlefield but found out BF3 wasn't on steam & BF4 won't be either but on origin. Being new to the world of PC gaming I looked up origin & see that origin has the popularity of lung cancer.

Everyone has had issues with registering codes, games crashing or not running properly, games you haven't played for 24 months are deleted and so on. I really don't want to install a program that's gonna make my PC dry heave and have major issues on registering the product code, let alone being able to play the ****ing games which have apparently had horrendous running issues & crashes.

Just EA being a d*** about things I guess.

so you're basing your decision based on something you know nothing about and are taking random peoples opinions and rumors from online as your reasons ? try basing your decisions off your own experiences

btw the 2 year thing was removed from their terms over a year ago and is nothing to worry about .. i've had more positive experiences with origin over the past year than steam personally , though EA in general i'm not the fondest of