This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well I guess I won't be playing Battlefield on the PC (Thanks a bunch EA)

#31R_JackalPosted 9/27/2013 2:10:41 PM
Hate Origin. Hitches my PC for a good 30 seconds whenever it starts. Hitches my newer PC for slightly less time, but still, that's enough downside for me. No idea why.
#32Bazooka_PenguinPosted 9/27/2013 2:13:28 PM
steveboblarry posted...
-CJF- posted...
Just like Dingleseed said, there is a prejudice against Origin. People consider it unnecessary and unoriginal since Steam came first. EA also has a terrible reputation as a company which just makes matters worse. However, there's really nothing wrong with Origin. I still buy everything on Steam whenever possible, but Origin works fine for games which aren't available on Steam.

As for EA deleting Origin games after 24 months, that's sort of true. There is a section in the Terms of Service stating that after 24 months of inactivity, accounts can be deleted. However, I believe Valve has a similar rule in their Terms of Service for Steam stating that it can cancel your account at any time. Just because they can doesn't mean they would.

EA needs to step there game up with the origin client

The client is fine. It uses as much or less RAM than Steam, the UI is clean and straight forward, and it does what it's supposed to.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#33TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 9/27/2013 2:19:25 PM(edited)
I don't really have a problem with Origin like others do (but I do have a problem with EA), except for one:
download speeds.

Many people say they max their connection with Origin, whereas Steam has slow download speeds. It's the exact opposite for me. It's common for me to see Steam download something at 2 MB/s. And even if I couldn't get a good speed, I could always try switching servers.

On Origin, however, it maxes out at like 150 kB/s (actually, it starts kind of fast, then gradually drops to 150 kB/s and stays there; coincidentally, I've had this exact same problem with uTorrent until I downgraded to an earlier version). Also, I haven't seen an option to change servers.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#34Oldschool_DBZPosted 9/27/2013 2:18:51 PM
R_Jackal posted...
Hate Origin. Hitches my PC for a good 30 seconds whenever it starts. Hitches my newer PC for slightly less time, but still, that's enough downside for me. No idea why.

Junk PC's toss them out the window.
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same" -Snake Plissken Escape from L.A.
#35Cool_Dude667Posted 9/27/2013 2:19:25 PM
R_Jackal posted...

Do you run with a Q6600 or a amd cpu?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#36temgunPosted 9/27/2013 2:22:12 PM
It's just a necessary bad. You launch the game from battlelog anyway, so you'll quickly forget it's even there.

Overall, Origin is not bad. It's just not needed. I have ME3 and BF3 on Origin and I haven't played either in months. Getting non-EA games from Origin is pretty pointless. I mean why have the game on a client you use a few times a year when you have a vastly superior client that has pretty much everything non-EA stuff anyway?
#37JKatarnPosted 9/27/2013 2:22:57 PM
Have you actually tried Origin yourself? I'm not saying it's without issues, and I'd prefer not to have to use several different DRM clients to play my games, but my experience with it has been pretty painless. It's very likely that those people complaining the loudest have other issues with their systems that are contributing to the problem. As long as you keep your software and drivers up to date, don't run 3000 random processes in the background and don't browse and download from shady sites, your computing experience should be fairly painless.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#38BogePosted 9/27/2013 2:26:21 PM
steveboblarry posted...
And so it begins......

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!

There SHOULD be only one...or better yet, none! I don't support EA and origin because they made it just to be greedy. The service was already available in Steam. They took all their games and threw them in Origin. Now in order to play games, I have to have all these programs installed. I'm not going there! No way! No Uplay, no games for Windows Live! No Origin! No! I bent with Steam and that's as far as it goes.

And I say to the rest of you, if you support Origin and Uplay, others will follow. Soon you'll have 20 different gaming clients just to run your games. Don't do it! Make a statement!
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#39stmstrPosted 9/27/2013 2:31:44 PM
Didn't try something and you're already crying like a scrub over it?

Why, that's almost like me not reading this thread and posting in it anyway.