This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rigid vs. flexible mousepad

#1gueringPosted 9/27/2013 7:50:30 AM
I'm one of those who really benefit from a good mousepad. I can really feel the difference from regular surfaces, so my topic isn't about usefulness of mousepads. I do need one.

That being said, I would like to know the opinion of people who used both rigid and regular gaming mousepads.

I've used those gift mousepads (non gaming) and they are really crappy. But I've never tried a flexible gaming mousepad. I fear that I'll have the same bad experience from the regular ones.

I got a rigid one from Steelseries and absolutely loved it. But it's been 3 years since and it is starting to worn out .. like, the surface is loosing it's texture and it often won't have my mice slide as fast as it used to. I play mostly FPS so I can totally tell the difference.

My main question is, which one do you prefer ? Rigid or flexible ?

I'm asking because it seems that there isn't much options of rigid mousepads available on the market, leading me to think that maybe flexible ones are better for some reason. It makes no sense to me, since the flatter the surface the better, right ?

Also, please don't tell me to just buy both because I'm a latin renegade and life in my country are really expensive.
---
All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
#2ThePCElitistPosted 9/27/2013 7:52:09 AM(edited)
I like the "for her" mouse pads the most.

Get flexible.
---
#3DinglesteedPosted 9/27/2013 8:12:25 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
I like the "for her" mouse pads the most.

Get flexible.
---

The "ribbed for her pleasure" ones?
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571